Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broncolor studio pack question  (Read 3641 times)

aztwang

Broncolor studio pack question
« on: November 11, 2016, 06:26:12 am »

I'm adding to my Broncolor quiver of packs. Currently I am invested in all Move packs. I am considering Scoro at this time. Can someone tell me the chronological order of Broncolors packs, and it seems as they have produced many. To name a few, Grafit, Opus, Primo, 222, Pulso, Verso, Topus etc. What was the predecessor to the now current Scoro? Any top picks prior to the Scoro?

Thanks

Don

PhotoKratky

Re: Broncolor studio pack question
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 08:43:08 am »

Can't help you with recommendations but as far as chronological order goes I found this quite helpful: Click

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 12:28:09 pm »

I'm adding to my Broncolor quiver of packs. Currently I am invested in all Move packs. I am considering Scoro at this time. Can someone tell me the chronological order of Broncolors packs, and it seems as they have produced many. To name a few, Grafit, Opus, Primo, 222, Pulso, Verso, Topus etc. What was the predecessor to the now current Scoro? Any top picks prior to the Scoro?

Thanks

Don

Don, the direct predecessor of the Scoro pack was the GrafitA which was the first pack to introduce CTC technology with IGBT flash cut off. I still love and use these but if you´re already invested in Move packs you should probably focus on the Scoro line. If you´re looking for a pre-owned unit make sure it is RFS2, when it was introducted it was RFS which is not compatible with the recent transmitter.
GrafitA or Scoro made a massive leap in technology from the older units, so personally I would not look for anything before.

Cheers, Ulf

aztwang

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 02:48:28 pm »

Don, the direct predecessor of the Scoro pack was the GrafitA which was the first pack to introduce CTC technology with IGBT flash cut off. I still love and use these but if you´re already invested in Move packs you should probably focus on the Scoro line. If you´re looking for a pre-owned unit make sure it is RFS2, when it was introducted it was RFS which is not compatible with the recent transmitter.
GrafitA or Scoro made a massive leap in technology from the older units, so personally I would not look for anything before.

Cheers, Ulf

Ulf,

Thanks for the reply. Scoro has been around with no changes for awhile. Do you think they'll be unveiling something soon?  Seems as the Scoro is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Thanks again

Don

UlfKrentz

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 03:58:20 pm »

Ulf,

Thanks for the reply. Scoro has been around with no changes for awhile. Do you think they'll be unveiling something soon?  Seems as the Scoro is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Thanks again

Don

I honestly don´t know. They seem to be more focussed on the entry level / lighter gear side recently which seem to reflect more pros moving from MF to DSLR cameras, also addressing video needs with their line of continuous lights and LED modeling lights. Scoro had some changes in the past years and its more or less as good as it gets, not sure what else could be done, we finally touch physical borders. Likely some improvements like we have in the Siros, apps etc. I also could imagine a new head design, lighter and smaller but of course keeping mechanical reflector design and electrical compatibility as the recent design (while also getting some new guts in the recent "G" version) is indeed nearly the same for decades.

Cheers, Ulf
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 04:01:38 pm by UlfKrentz »

aztwang

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 12:10:04 am »

I honestly don´t know. They seem to be more focussed on the entry level / lighter gear side recently which seem to reflect more pros moving from MF to DSLR cameras, also addressing video needs with their line of continuous lights and LED modeling lights. Scoro had some changes in the past years and its more or less as good as it gets, not sure what else could be done, we finally touch physical borders. Likely some improvements like we have in the Siros, apps etc. I also could imagine a new head design, lighter and smaller but of course keeping mechanical reflector design and electrical compatibility as the recent design (while also getting some new guts in the recent "G" version) is indeed nearly the same for decades.

Cheers, Ulf
Ulf,

It seems you are the local Bron guru around here. Can you tell me is focusing the only advantage of the PulsoG over the Unilite? What ever I will buy I'll need some heads. Ive been told the Pulso G holds up better but the Unilite seems as its better constructed, all metal no plastic. Any info would be appreciated.

Thx

Don

UlfKrentz

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 04:44:09 am »

Ulf,

It seems you are the local Bron guru around here. Can you tell me is focusing the only advantage of the PulsoG over the Unilite? What ever I will buy I'll need some heads. Ive been told the Pulso G holds up better but the Unilite seems as its better constructed, all metal no plastic. Any info would be appreciated.

Thx

Don

Hi Don,

I´ve used the Unilights once when we could´tiring our own stuff and I rented. They were fine, definitely more compact which is a plus. They share the same tube and glass dome, just miss the focus option as you already noted. Not sure why they should be better constructed, I´d say they are both well engeneered, just different. The Pulso G heads are all metal, its just the cover shells and handle that are plastic but very sturdy. They take away some misuse and don´t get dents that might occur very easy to metal housings.

Cheers, Ulf
Pages: [1]   Go Up