Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pixel Genius Photokit Shapener  (Read 4268 times)

maxxedout-1

Pixel Genius Photokit Shapener
« on: July 06, 2006, 08:19:14 pm »

I used Photokik Sharpener for the tryout period and then purchased it on July 4 through the "Purchase" button after it expired.  It went through a 3rd party "Esellerate".  The transaction went through.  I printed the receipt.  At first it would not work returning an error.  I emailed Pixel Genius support and got no response

I then decided to remove and reinstall and it seems to work fine.  It no longer comes up with a try or puchase option.  

However, I tried logging into the forums and you require special access that is supposed to be provied in an email.  I have entered my email address and order number at both Esellerate and Pixel Genius and I have not received any email.  I have not received a confirmatory email and I still have not received any response to my original querry to support.

Is this because of the 4th of July holiday or is there some other problem that I am not aware of?  I know that some of the members of pixel genius participate in this forum and was looking for help.  I really like Photokit but I wanted to use the forums to see if I could get any tips/help.

Thanks

Scott

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 08:28:54 pm »

You sure you don't have some spam filter that would cause a reply NOT to go through? I know for a fact that PG tech support doesn't take holidays off.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

maxxedout-1

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 08:35:54 pm »

You sure you don't have some spam filter that would cause a reply NOT to go through? I know for a fact that PG tech support doesn't take holidays off.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69971\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for the quick reply.  I use Mozilla T-Bird on my home computer and while some things go into the junk folder I always check it to be sure.  I am also able to check my home  email on line and have done this for the last two days.  The only thing that I can think of is that my email provider or my internet provider (comcast) is somehow blocking the emails.  But I didn't get an email from Esellerate when I put in a request for my receipt thinking that would help and I didn't get a response from tech support.  I thought it would be odd that both sites would be blocked.

If I use a different email address than when I purchased Photokit do you know if I would be able to gain forum access?

Thanks again for your help.

Scott

maxxedout-1

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 08:37:42 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69971\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just saw your message.  Thank you.

Scott

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 08:38:44 pm »

But I didn't get an email from Esellerate when I put in a request for my receipt thinking that would help and I didn't get a response from tech support.  I thought it would be odd that both sites would be blocked.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69976\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should have received email from eSellerate so considering you got neither, something is going on with blocked email from either you ISP or elsewhere.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 09:27:27 pm »

What error are you getting? Have you checked the online manual?

My guess is that you are having a problem because you don't have a Background layer in PS when launching the sharpening filter.

Regards,
Bernard

Richowens

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 11:19:32 pm »

I have no spam filter going and could not join the forum despite three attempts. I received emails back stating they couldn't read the serial number in my receipt.
I didn't need to find an answer to anything in particular, but thought I might pick up a tip or two. I haven't tried recently.

I suggest reading the manual from one end to the other. It will answer many, many questions and will bring you up to speed quickly.

Also read Michael's review as he outlines the basics of it's capabilities. Very good reading.

Also, Bruce was active in a thread in the forum on this site recently concerning sharpening on layers.
Here

Rich

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 12:43:29 am »

Is this because of the 4th of July holiday or is there some other problem that I am not aware of?  I know that some of the members of pixel genius participate in this forum and was looking for help.  I really like Photokit but I wanted to use the forums to see if I could get any tips/help.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69970\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, considering your email for Forum Support came in at 8:11PM Central _TODAY_ I think you might be expecting a bit much in terms of turn around..in any event, you should have recieved a responce (sent 11:39PM on July 6th)

And, if you didn't recieve a confirming email from eSellerate, you should check why you didn't.

(and posting this sort of stuff on Michael's forum isn't really a good idea...this is Mike's house)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 12:44:30 am by Schewe »
Pages: [1]   Go Up