Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discrepancy in RGB readings....? Colour Editor...  (Read 1300 times)

Dinarius

Discrepancy in RGB readings....? Colour Editor...
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:36:55 am »

Why are the RGB readings at the top of the screen totally different from those in the Colour Editor?

Open the Colour Editor and click on the Advanced Tab.

Now the Pick Colour Correction picker in the Colour Tool.

Hover this over an area of solid colour (ideally, a Gretag chart or something similar) and note the RGB readings at the top of the screen. (above the image)

Now, click on this area to take a colour sample.

In the Colour Editor panel, you will see a before/after RGB reading. These will be the same because you haven't edited them yet. But, note that they are totally different from the RGB at the top of the screen.

For example, I have an image of an RGB chart on the screen at the moment. The Red patch reads 166, 2, 16.

When I take a sample, the reading in the Colour Editor is 172/51/44, much closer to what it should be.

Why is this?

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

D.

Dinarius

Malcolm Payne

Re: Discrepancy in RGB readings....? Colour Editor...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 10:54:18 am »

I'm not finding that here - the values are either identical or at worst vary by 1 or 2 points depending on the exact sample point (C1 9.3, Win 10).

Malcolm

Dinarius

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 11:24:12 am »

I'm not finding that here - the values are either identical or at worst vary by 1 or 2 points depending on the exact sample point (C1 9.3, Win 10).

Malcolm

Thanks for the reply.

I wonder if it has something to do with my setup and/or preferences?

I'm also Windows 10.

D.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 12:29:20 pm »

Why are the RGB readings at the top of the screen totally different from those in the Colour Editor?

Hi D,

Is this about something different than this thread?

The ColorEditor numbers are not that useful because they reflect internal processing engine values, not output values. Just set the proofing to your output colorspace or the colorspace of your output recipe. That also allows using the Color Readouts in images.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up