Clinton
- 9 (69.2%)
Trump
- 4 (30.8%)
Hung college
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Election predictions  (Read 67436 times)

scyth

Re: Election predictions
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 01:24:52 am »

so which state will be a recount battleground one like in 2000, if any ?

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 01:49:15 am »

But in the end, it's like any other election in many countries, in this globalized world: whoever wins will have to do what the guys with real power (money) tell them to.

And that's what the real problem the masses don't see....
So the media gives you sports like stats and highlights...you have D&R polarization to make it a sport so you have sides riled up and take your focus off the real issues. Very simple concept, very complex orchestration of mind manipulation, following Ed Bernays' outlines.

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 02:35:14 am »

Dear America,

WTF are you doing?

Love & kisses
The rest of the world

mbaginy

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 02:44:21 am »

Dear America,

WTF are you doing?

Love & kisses
The rest of the world
+1
I'm shocked.

scyth

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 02:55:29 am »

WTF are you doing?

trying if that middle finger still works ... at least I hope Trump will stick to not supporting any NATO member who is not going to pay properly for their defense while pouring money towards their social services... enough !

mediumcool

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 03:01:01 am »

Most of the rest of the world is aghast at the result.

The mood in Australia, and presumably elsewhere, is extremely sombre.

Here is a comment I made on Facebook a short time ago:

… but it’s TWO societies! The well-educated progressive one (often with a higher income, but not invariably—remember the painfully-aspirational nature of the overall Seppo culture) versus the caught-in-the-headlights Rust Belt Bambis who can’t program in iOS if their lives depended on it. Or Android™.

Half–tongue-in-cheek, but nevertheless seriously intended. BTW, ‘Seppo’ is rhyming slang.

FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

Rob C

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 03:46:56 am »

Paying higher taxes on more desirable property happens anyway at the same tax rate because they have a higher sale valuation.  Since the property is worth more, then the same percent tax will gain the government more money than property of less worth.

That's an entirely different matter, as I imagine anyone can see.

Sunlight exposure has never meant the same thing as prime areas. Prime areas being taxed highly is normal practice in the gouging business; sunlight is a new departure, based, no doubt, on Port Out, Starboard Home. Figure it out.

Sunlight charging is just desperate hatred manifest.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 03:50:59 am »

Well there you go! Hats off to Trump: he beat 'em all.

What happens next is anyone's guess, but then it always is. My guess? Economic realities kick back in - if they have ever stopped.

Good luck America.

Rob

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 04:42:05 am »

Well there you go! Hats off to Trump: he beat 'em all.

What happens next is anyone's guess, but then it always is. My guess? Economic realities kick back in - if they have ever stopped.

Good luck America.

Rob

Yup, you got to give it to the guy, he even won against his own party... IMO, it is just another manifestation of the recent trend in elections, where people not connoted with political parties or the system, have been on the rise. For instance, in Spain, only after 3 elections did they manage to get a government...

Of course it is easy to blame the system, and popular slogans are dime a dozen. Brexit was "England for the English", Trump is "America for Americans".

Of course Obama and his family look good on TV, and have a nice speech, etc. But I think that after 8 years, a lot of americans want more than that?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 06:39:40 am »

...but it’s TWO societies! The well-educated progressive one...

Or, as Nicholas Taleb calls them, IYI.* So well educated, yet unable to see further than their noses.

* (Intellectuals, Yet Idiots) ;)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 07:27:09 am »

And we're now seeing how useless polls are. People lie, and the ignorant ("educated" leftists) haven't a clue. A "remain" in Brexit was a sure thing. A Hillary victory was a sure thing. The Democrats were going to take back the Senate -- a sure thing. Happily we now have a Republican presidency, senate and house. When Repubs in Congress pass bills they have a serious likelihood that the president won't veto them. It's going to be an interesting two years until the next congressional election. Go Republicans!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 08:41:26 am »

Well my Canadian brothers guess you had best get ready. Many of America's "cream of the crop" like Al Sharpton, Amy Schumer, and Bryan Cranston to name a few said they will be relocating to Canada if there was a Trump victory. My sympathies to you and best you have plenty of food for Amy.

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

RSL

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 08:51:20 am »

Adios, adieu, addio, adeus, aloha, arrivederci, ciao, auf Wiedersehen, au revoir, bon voyage sayonara, sawadee.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 08:55:03 am »

Well my Canadian brothers guess you had best get ready. Many of America's "cream of the crop" like Al Sharpton, Amy Schumer, and Bryan Cranston to name a few said they will be relocating to Canada if there was a Trump victory. My sympathies to you and best you have plenty of food for Amy.

Well, Kevin, I am sure many voted Trump just so that they can see Lena Dunham leave ;)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 09:25:17 am »

And, as it turns out, the LuLa gang are no better prognosticators than the professional pollsters.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 09:33:37 am »

Donald Trump's companies have declared bankrupcy more than four times.

Bush's GFC sent me into early retirement. I don't care about US problems but spare me from this idiot's wreckless economic judgement which has worldwide implications.

Cheers,
Tom Brown

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 09:52:45 am »

I wonder if he still thinks the election was rigged?

Might be a good time to invest in brick-manufacturing and concrete-making companies, to get ready for the building of that wall. Re-bars too.
--
Robert

RSL

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 10:00:53 am »

No question it was rigged, Robert. People in just about every "swing" state were pushing the Trump button and having the ballot show a vote for Hillary. The Dems' problem was that it wasn't rigged enough. Not enough dead people voting and not enough rigged voting machines. At least they can say they tried.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2016, 10:15:53 am »

And we're now seeing how useless polls are. People lie, and the ignorant ("educated" leftists) haven't a clue. A "remain" in Brexit was a sure thing. A Hillary victory was a sure thing. The Democrats were going to take back the Senate -- a sure thing. Happily we now have a Republican presidency, senate and house. When Repubs in Congress pass bills they have a serious likelihood that the president won't veto them. It's going to be an interesting two years until the next congressional election. Go Republicans!

In several polls, more than half of the people refused to participate. So, they could never be representative. Polls are like sampling, think of drilling one oil well, and missing the reservoir by a few inches; the information is there, it was just not sampled.

Trump's victory is just one more expression of rejection of political elites by the "people", a phenomenon that has already happened in Hungary, Philippines, Brexit, etc. It also happened when the majority of the disenchanted put Hitler in power...

scyth

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2016, 10:32:09 am »

It also happened when the majority of the disenchanted put Hitler in power...
actually it was Paul von Hindenburg alone
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Up