Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NSFW How to remove hair from eyes  (Read 2861 times)

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
NSFW How to remove hair from eyes
« on: November 06, 2016, 11:23:19 pm »

Ive been trying to remove the hairs from the models eyes but to no avail............Im using the spot healing brush with content aware but even with a very fine brush I still can't get it right.

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
Re: NSFW How to remove hair from eyes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:27:58 am »

I think some careful cloning will help a lot. Also using clean parts of each eye to cover the hair on the opposite eye.

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 01:29:56 am »

My sample isn't complete but enough to show what can be done.

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 01:58:35 am »

My sample isn't complete but enough to show what can be done.
Thanks.....ive tried the spot healing brush but can't get it and I wouldn't have a clue how to take parts of an eye and move stuff like that

pfigen

• http://www.peterfigen.com
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 03:43:40 am »

This is really a pretty simple CLONING job, not a healing tool job. The healing tool will get confused. By zooming in to four or five or six hundred percent you can easily clone what you need to remove the hair. You can also select part of one eye, float it to a new layer (Cmd-J/Ctr-J Mac/PC) then slide that over to the other eye and mask what you don't need. That technique may also require you to flop the eye as well, or not. The more important part of the job is that to make it convincing, you have to get rid of all the strands that lead up to the eye as well, or it'll look fake when those just stop. And, of course, you do your cloning on a separate cloning layer in case you  screw it up or need to mask some of that work.

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 04:41:11 am »

This is really a pretty simple CLONING job, not a healing tool job. The healing tool will get confused. By zooming in to four or five or six hundred percent you can easily clone what you need to remove the hair. You can also select part of one eye, float it to a new layer (Cmd-J/Ctr-J Mac/PC) then slide that over to the other eye and mask what you don't need. That technique may also require you to flop the eye as well, or not. The more important part of the job is that to make it convincing, you have to get rid of all the strands that lead up to the eye as well, or it'll look fake when those just stop. And, of course, you do your cloning on a separate cloning layer in case you  screw it up or need to mask some of that work.

This

Benny Profane

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 12:02:17 pm »

Well, it's not exactly "simple", but, yeah, cloning is your only option.

Hair is the holy grail of beauty retouching.

Pictus

• Retouching
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 01:43:36 pm »

Maybe can clone from another photo of her...

framah

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 03:47:26 pm »

The BIG question is... can we clone HER??? :o
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 09:02:13 am »

Do you have a similar without the hair in her eye? I'd start there. If not, I'd find one of the mills in India that for a few bucks does it for me. They seem to occasionally email me and offer to retouch a few images at no charge to try to sell their services.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Benny Profane

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 09:39:20 pm »

Do you have a similar without the hair in her eye? I'd start there. If not, I'd find one of the mills in India that for a few bucks does it for me. They seem to occasionally email me and offer to retouch a few images at no charge to try to sell their services.

Oh, my heart. Sir, it's not that easy.

You see, this is why retouchers get no respect. Everyone who shoots thinks that there's a bunch of people half way around the world that will do high end stuff practically for free. Maybe paths, but, that's about it. And a lot of times those aren't very good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up