Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf5000 Roll feeder  (Read 3447 times)

John S

ipf5000 Roll feeder
« on: July 06, 2006, 02:30:11 pm »

New to Forum...hiya!

Has anyone received a roll feeder for the 5000 yet? I went to order and found that not a lot of places have them in stock. I wound up ordering from b&h with a two week turnover supposedly.

If anyone does have one... how do you like it? What roll paper are you using. Any problems with the roll cutter? Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks...

Gary Damaskos

ipf5000 Roll feeder
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 03:08:55 pm »

I have one, just got a roll to use of Canon premium super glossy 180gsm at 17". And guess what? It is also a new product, as is the iPF5000, and it is not supported yet in the media configurator. I am having to choose proof paper to get it to allow me to experiment and print with gloss black (BK). All the other 17" paper roll choices print with MBK (matt black). Those experiments and subsequent profiling will occur late today or tomorrow I believe. I do expect the roll unit will do a good job at what it is suppossed to do - it is motorized, as in not just setting there waiting for the paper to do it all. I guess I should have brought in a 16" roll of gloss something and I would be printing already - bordlerless, but nonetheless at 16". There are little "drain catchers" in the printing area to catch the overspray from the borderless printing.
Gary

New to Forum...hiya!

Has anyone received a roll feeder for the 5000 yet? I went to order and found that not a lot of places have them in stock. I wound up ordering from b&h with a two week turnover supposedly.

If anyone does have one... how do you like it? What roll paper are you using. Any problems with the roll cutter? Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69936\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John S

ipf5000 Roll feeder
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 04:56:45 pm »

I have one, just got a roll to use of Canon premium super glossy 180gsm at 17". And guess what? It is also a new product, as is the iPF5000, and it is not supported yet in the media configurator. I am having to choose proof paper to get it to allow me to experiment and print with gloss black (BK). All the other 17" paper roll choices print with MBK (matt black). Those experiments and subsequent profiling will occur late today or tomorrow I believe. I do expect the roll unit will do a good job at what it is suppossed to do - it is motorized, as in not just setting there waiting for the paper to do it all. I guess I should have brought in a 16" roll of gloss something and I would be printing already - bordlerless, but nonetheless at 16". There are little "drain catchers" in the printing area to catch the overspray from the borderless printing.
Gary
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69940\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the quick reply Gary! Please keep us updated as to your findings...
All the best,
John

tonywh

ipf5000 Roll feeder
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 08:33:28 pm »

hi like yourself new to the forum, it was trying to find information on the ipf5000 that got me here.
Got my printer 7 days ago with the roller, it works very well. Originaly ordered the canon pearl photo paper so i could see how the printer performed with the canon profiles. (never crossed my mind that the printer wouldn,t have the settings for its recomended media,) It wasn't yet available in the uk and the distrubeter sent me kodak 260gm premium glossy (he thought it wouldnt matter, and its the same price) Anyway just using the glossy paper settings the results are impressive, I prefer it to the results from this printer on the a4 sheets of canon photo paper pro. Not realy had chance to work with the printer much yet but so far I am very impressed and it would seem incomplete without the roller.

John S

ipf5000 Roll feeder
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 09:05:00 pm »

hi like yourself new to the forum, it was trying to find information on the ipf5000 that got me here.
Got my printer 7 days ago with the roller, it works very well. Originaly ordered the canon pearl photo paper so i could see how the printer performed with the canon profiles. (never crossed my mind that the printer wouldn,t have the settings for its recomended media,) It wasn't yet available in the uk and the distrubeter sent me kodak 260gm premium glossy (he thought it wouldnt matter, and its the same price) Anyway just using the glossy paper settings the results are impressive, I prefer it to the results from this printer on the a4 sheets of canon photo paper pro. Not realy had chance to work with the printer much yet but so far I am very impressed and it would seem incomplete without the roller.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69974\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Funny... It was the purchase of the ipf5000 that brought me here also! I frequent FM's site for quite some time however it is not big on printing. I too am impressed with the 5000, but here in the U.S. canon does not include the roller, you must purchase it for about $200. usd. I was going to purchase the 4800 Epson, however i decided on the Canon after hearing of some of the knocks on the 4800 whit swapping ink ect.

Best of luck with your new toy. I have always sent my printing out (i would just proof at home) so i am sure there will be a learning curve. I have had a lot of ease with the 16 bit plug-in for PS so here is keeping my fingers crossed!

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up