Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metabones version 0.53 Firmware Update Released  (Read 1114 times)

John Hollenberg

Metabones version 0.53 Firmware Update Released
« on: November 04, 2016, 11:54:01 am »

Firmware update for EF-E Smart Adapter MARK IV released:

http://metabones.com/article/of/EF-E_Firmware_Win

http://metabones.com/article/of/EF-E_Firmware_Mac

Name: Firmware update V0.53 for EF-E Smart AdapterTM MARK IV and EF-E Speed BoosterTM ULTRA
Release date: 4 Nov 2016

Benefits and improvements:

Easier user interface to select between Green and Advanced mode using Metabones App, with separate settings for newer cameras and older cameras (except Mark I/II/III and original Speed Booster).
Fix operation of Kenko Pro300 DGX (green dot) stacked on EF Extender III.
Option to park focus to infinity upon shutdown to shorten its length for storage (except Mark I/II/III and original Speed Booster). Some lenses may disregard this setting but never park focus, and most of these are internal focus lenses which do not require parking. STM lenses always observe the option setting.
Shortened shutdown time for IS lenses.
Option to close down the aperture or leave it where it is when camera shuts down (except Mark I/II/III and original Speed Booster).
Option to let camera body decide whether OIS, IBIS or a combination thereof shall be selected (except Mark I/II/III and original Speed Booster).
AF accuracy improvement for subjects near infinity.
Fixed autocrop of Sigma 50-100/1.8 DC HSM Art 016.
Stability improvement.
Fixed issue with Tamron VC USD where autofocus may occasionally become inoperative.

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Metabones version 0.53 Firmware Update Released
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 02:36:23 pm »

Thanks!

Interesting to read the list of officially compatible Canon lenses.
I find that only the center point in focus is most accurate, otherwise not locking focus even in high contrast areas using the 24-70 L I USM. The newr II version of this lens is even less supported according to the list.
I have the Sigma 1.4 and it does rather well. The 70-200L I I also have and its iffy with the very limited time I tried it out.

Even the Emount 55/1.8 Zeiss had hard time focusing in very dark scenes. Although the subjects had light sources in varios areas, and moving, even in this high contrast of almost black and white the 55 would hunt, but I did manage to lock.
Further testing shows that the focus system on a subject like a door way that has light outside with lower light inside hunts for focus and just can't lock and blurs out and stops.  UNTIL there is any horizontal shapes. For example, when you focus on the door alone it can't lock, but as soon as you go for the door knob, it locks. This may help your focusing experience.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:17:24 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up