Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CC 2017 - Plugins work after copy & paste  (Read 4840 times)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Photoshop CC 2017 - Plugins work after copy & paste
« on: November 02, 2016, 10:56:39 pm »

I just updated to CC 2017. I had to copy & paste the plugins from the 2015.5 Plugins folder.

Topaz, Nik, Noiseware, Focus Magic, piccure+, MacPhun, DxO Viewpoint, ON1 - all these seem to work fine without needing any re-installs (on the macOS Sierra platform).

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Re: Photoshop CC 2017 - Plugins work after copy & paste
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 07:38:04 am »

I thought copying isn't needed anymore as plugins are installed in a central CC location ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

kirkt

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 08:18:58 am »

On the Mac:

/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC

Is the common path where all versions of PhotoshopCC can access plus ins.  This common location obviates the need to have multiple copies and copy-paste or reinstall plug ins.

kirk

Brad Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 02:01:55 pm »

I also had to copy and paste plugins from the 2015.5 Plugins folder on Win10, x64 in order to see them in Photoshop CC 2017.

Arlen

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 02:33:32 pm »

Is there anything new in this version for photographer's to get excited about? I took a quick look at the list of new features, and nothing jumped out at me.

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 06:19:58 pm »

I just installed Photoshop 2017 and am totally unable to get my Google Nik plug ins to be seen by Photoshop. I tried copying and pasting them from 2015.5 and NOTHING. I relaunched PS, rebooted my Mac Pro, nothing. Per kirkt I looked in the Library (hold down the option key in the Go menu in the Finder?) in the Application Support/ Adobe/ and there was no Plug-ins folder there. I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Nik to no avail. This is supremely annoying, a first world problem to be sure but annoying nonetheless.

I fervently hope no one else is having this problem, but if they are, and have figured it out, I'd greatly appreciate some help. Thanks

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 07:43:38 pm »

Is there anything new in this version for photographer's to get excited about? I took a quick look at the list of new features, and nothing jumped out at me.

Probably not for photographers, at least from what I have seen so far, but it depends if you're the kind of person who actively looks for opportunities in new versions. If not, you're probably best sticking to PS6 or earlier - but if you are, you can usually find things to exploit.

From playing with it, the Search feature looks particularly promising. For example, I work with one photographer who is so busy he can remember only fragments of techniques or menus or panels I've shown him, and I suspect this feature will help him. If it doesn't get to the exact technique or tool, it'll also take him to Photoshop Help rather than calling me every time :)

John

Arlen

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 08:01:46 pm »

Thanks, John. I already have the latest version of PS CC 2015, so I think I'll wait to be sure all the bugs are worked out before moving to 2017.

Eric Kellerman

• Eric Kellerman Photography
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 06:13:24 am »

I just installed Photoshop 2017 and am totally unable to get my Google Nik plug ins to be seen by Photoshop.

I had no problem installing the Nik plug-ins by copying from PS 2015.5 once I used the Finder to do it. I use Pathfinder as a rule, but it refused to copy any of the plug-ins (Alien Skin, Topaz, etc.)

kirkt

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 09:37:20 am »

I just installed Photoshop 2017 and am totally unable to get my Google Nik plug ins to be seen by Photoshop. I tried copying and pasting them from 2015.5 and NOTHING. I relaunched PS, rebooted my Mac Pro, nothing. Per kirkt I looked in the Library (hold down the option key in the Go menu in the Finder?) in the Application Support/ Adobe/ and there was no Plug-ins folder there. I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Nik to no avail. This is supremely annoying, a first world problem to be sure but annoying nonetheless.

I fervently hope no one else is having this problem, but if they are, and have figured it out, I'd greatly appreciate some help. Thanks

Make sure that you are looking in the root level Library folder (/Library...), not the User level Library folder (~/Library...).

kirk

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 10:57:54 pm »

Thanks kirk, that solved it!  :)

charles.woodrich

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 07:15:08 pm »

This happened to me as well.  You'd think the programming would include a plugin carry over.  Very annoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up