Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open Catalogue in 2015.7 Images Greyed Out, Won't open  (Read 1475 times)

iSequoia

Open Catalogue in 2015.7 Images Greyed Out, Won't open
« on: October 31, 2016, 03:19:38 pm »

After upgrading to Sierra on my late 2013 15" MacPro some previously available whole catalogues of images are now all greyed out when I try to open them from within LR. This is disastrous especially for images from my recent three week trip to Botswana into which I have put many hours of editing. Finder locates the images no problem and they can be opened in Photoshop, Pictures, etc. How can I get LR linked back up and get back to work?  -John

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Open Catalogue in 2015.7 Images Greyed Out, Won't open
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 04:09:07 pm »

I have no idea because I have a new policy not to update any Apple or Adobe product for at least three months after commercial release, once there has been enough time for the early adopters to do their QC for them. Systems are just far too varied and complex these days to expect these developers to countenance every conceivable combination of factors that can cause operational problems, and they haven't instituted the extent and depth of pre-release feedback programs that would allow them to much more thoroughly bullet-proof their applications before commercial release. So much to say, perhaps the path of least resistance will be to roll back your Sierra up-grade to El-Capitan and see whether that brings your LR catalogs back to life. Then after all the identified problems get sorted out, retry Sierra. If your photo files also have the XMP side-cars with all your adjustments, that would be added assurance that if all else fails, at least your adjustments are preserved.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 04:28:20 pm »

After upgrading to Sierra on my late 2013 15" MacPro some previously available whole catalogues of images are now all greyed out when I try to open them from within LR. This is disastrous especially for images from my recent three week trip to Botswana into which I have put many hours of editing. Finder locates the images no problem and they can be opened in Photoshop, Pictures, etc. How can I get LR linked back up and get back to work?  -John
Examine the catalogues in Finder. Has the upgrade set them to read-only?

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 04:41:13 pm »

It could be an issue with permissions, either the catalogue or the folder where they are located. Can you create a new catalogue in that location? What if you copy the catalogue to another location?
Pages: [1]   Go Up