Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P800 Imageprint paper alignment  (Read 1000 times)

FMueller

P800 Imageprint paper alignment
« on: October 30, 2016, 02:29:29 pm »

Just received and set up a new Epson P800 yesterday to replace a 3800 that was getting long in the tooth. Transferred Imageprint license to the P800 with no problem.

Kids were asking for some 4x6 prints so I queued up a few into Imageprint  with an 1/8 inch margin and hit print and they came out with 2 of the borders noticeably thinner than the others. The leading edge and right edge were coming out thin. I really searched hard to find the screw up in my configuration and even went as far as completely installing imageprint and reinstalling.

I finally got the print centered up properly by using "printer compensation" from the preference pane and adding a .04 inch offset in both the X and Y axis. My 3800 had never needed any such adjustment. I'm very sure this millimeter correction would have been unnoticeable when printing much larger where I typically leave a very fat margin.

Additionally, LR prints slightly off, but not as noticeable as the Imageprint product. Now granted, I didn't buy this printer or image print to do 4x6 prints but this paper feed and alignment issue is visible here and makes me wonder about whether the printer isn't faulty or whether this is a normal variance as the imageprint manual suggests.

Anybody else ever experience this or have any insight to add?

Thanks,

Fred

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
Re: P800 Imageprint paper alignment
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 07:41:35 am »

I don't have direct experience, but I was just at a workshop in Montana and one day went to the organizer's home to print some files from participants. He was printing borderless on a 3800 and noted how difficult it was to get things aligned. So, anecdotally at least, it may be normal and you were lucky with your previous 3800.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up