Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-6 expiry  (Read 8813 times)

Amal

E-6 expiry
« on: July 05, 2006, 08:58:12 am »

Hello,

I started developing transparency at home and I got some results which are satisfactory. But now my chemicals has expired (I could not consume completely before expiry date).
   If now I develop with this, what is the expected results ? i.e. this tone will be manifested or the density will be changed at normal temperature and time. Is there any way to overcome these effects up to some extant (definitely not perfectly, otherwise no meaning of expiry will be there)?

Regards
    Amal.

michael

E-6 expiry
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 09:26:10 am »

There is no sharp cut off date. Chemistry goes outdated gradually. You may or may not see a difference. There is no assured way of knowing this other than to shoot a test roll and process it.

Assuming that you are not working to photo lab grade standards, it's unlikely that the chemistry being a year or two out of date will make a significant difference.

Michael

Amal

E-6 expiry
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 12:13:18 am »

Dear Michael

Thanks for providing the information. Definitely I am on learning curve for this dark room and therefore, the professional photo lab grade is not expected.

Regards
     Amal.

Anon E. Mouse

• http://
E-6 expiry
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 11:09:00 am »

It depends what is out of date, the storage conditions, whether it has been opened, and whether it is liquid or powdered chemistry. Developers are usually the first to go because they oxidize easily.

Why you cannot acheive "lab grade" development is a mystery. Color development is not that hard as long as you pay attention.

I would run a test roll to see the results. This can also give you a chance to experiment with or test some of your camera equipment or techniques.

Amal

E-6 expiry
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 05:54:48 am »

Dear  Mouse,

I really test shot a roll and developed it. As I was afraid of expiry of chemicals, but the test roll developed with good results !!!! Thanks for sharing the view for helping me.

Regards
  Amal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up