Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WEBSITE PROBLEM  (Read 1341 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
WEBSITE PROBLEM
« on: October 26, 2016, 07:01:55 pm »

I watched a video on John Paul Caponigro sponsored by B+H.  Afterwards I have not bee able to reach his website.  Different browsers cannot reach it, and my internet provider cannot open his site as well.  this has been going on for days.  I tried to email him but no response yet.

ANyone  else having this problem?  Solution?

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

Farmer

Re: WEBSITE PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 07:43:25 pm »

According to isitdownrightnow.com it has been down for 3 days and 11 hours, and the website is "parked" (i.e. it's either expired or up for sale.  I would suggest the domain name has probably expired.  In fact, checking the whois, that's exactly the case - the domain name expired in October 2015 (yes 2015) so at a guess either 12 months after that (which seems generous) the DNS register canned it or it was paid for another 12 months but the whois wasn't updated, and it went offline this month, which makes much more sense.

So, it's not just you.  You might want to try contacting him via his Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/John-Paul-Caponigro-318657781513638/
Phil Brown

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:02:39 pm »

Just talked with his wife.  They are aware of the issue which should be solved by tomorrow

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

SZRitter

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 08:44:21 am »

According to isitdownrightnow.com it has been down for 3 days and 11 hours, and the website is "parked" (i.e. it's either expired or up for sale.  I would suggest the domain name has probably expired.  In fact, checking the whois, that's exactly the case - the domain name expired in October 2015 (yes 2015) so at a guess either 12 months after that (which seems generous) the DNS register canned it or it was paid for another 12 months but the whois wasn't updated, and it went offline this month, which makes much more sense.

So, it's not just you.  You might want to try contacting him via his Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/John-Paul-Caponigro-318657781513638/

Just to add to this, when a domain expires, it doesn't flush out of the system completely, and it may take months for all the DNS servers in the world to update. Thus why some could access it and some couldn't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up