Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit in Photoshop Command Broken  (Read 1093 times)

hubell

Edit in Photoshop Command Broken
« on: October 25, 2016, 11:06:48 pm »

Weird behavior in C1 Pro 9.3. With some raw files that have been adjusted in C1, if I then want to export it as a TIFF and open it in PS and click on "Edit in Photoshop", the file opens in Camera Raw with screwed up colors and contrast. If I then cancel out of Camera Raw, a TIFF appears back in the Catalog in C1. However, if I then try to open it in PS by clicking "Open in Photoshop" it opens again in Camera Raw. Any ideas what the issue is here?

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Edit in Photoshop Command Broken
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 07:38:12 am »

Check the Photoshop preferences. Go to Edit-> Preferences -> File Handling. Go to the secion "File compatibility" and click on "Camera Raw Preferences..." (see first image attached).

In the Camera Raw preferences, go down to the "JPEG and TIFF Handling" section. It is likely that you have the default option "Automatically open TIFF with settings". Change it to "Disable TIFF Support" (see second image attached)

Regards

hubell

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 10:30:57 pm »

Thanks so much, that worked. How did you figure that out?

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 06:34:23 am »

Hi,

I had the same issue with a jpeg generated from C1. I wanted to check something in PS and it opened with ACR. If you check the ACR preferences there is one for jpeg too. It took me a while to figure it though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up