Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Perry Oosting Interview  (Read 1876 times)

Rob C

Perry Oosting Interview
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:19:06 am »

He seems a very nice guy to interview: forthcoming, and not in the least pretentious.

There's just something about the Hasselblad marque. Looking at that table spread with 'blad goodies made me smile: though I'll probably never buy into it again, there's something so 'right' about their design ethic. It was evident right at the start, and is continuing today after the acknowledged bling glitch. Perhaps it's reflected in those delightful, bare aluminium edge design cues on the cameras, the basic design of the integrated whole, but the beauty still lives on. Love the style of those products. Performance for purpose I'd take for granted.

Are the 'blad books available in the public domain, or are they circulated à la Pirelli, only to those who count? Never even seen the Hasselblad ones.

Rob C

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Perry Oosting Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:45:14 am »

He seems a very nice guy to interview: forthcoming, and not in the least pretentious....

Absolutely! He loves the Hassy DNA and has got them back right onto it. And talk about grace & poise under extreme pressure. A remarkable guy.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 01:32:13 pm »

Hi Chris,

Yes, he seems to be a very pleasant person, and i think that Hassyblad is now on the right path…

Now I look forward to the interview with Ove Bengtsson who also seems to be a very nice guy.

I hope that Hasselblad gets back to it's real roots, and that is making great gear for the working photographer, working on planet Earth or the Moon.

Best regards
Erik

Absolutely! He loves the Hassy DNA and has got them back right onto it. And talk about grace & poise under extreme pressure. A remarkable guy.
Erik Kaffehr

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 02:47:58 pm »

...Now I look forward to the interview with Ove Bengtsson who also seems to be a very nice guy.
I should have the tour of the X1D edited and published by Thursday morning in EU

Ulrik

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 05:09:05 pm »

I am in general very happy about the direction Hasselblad is going now. One thing is puzzles me though: There is no mentioning of the CFV-50c digital back or its further development in the video. It has even disappeared from Hasselblad's website. Does that mean that there is no digital support for the Hasselblad V any more? I remember that this back sold very well.
Ulrik

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 05:27:34 pm »

Ulrik, seems to be the case.  Hasselblad had to tighten its product line and focus on sales and profit and that will come from the X1D and the H6 5- & 100 systems.  I think Perry is doing the right thing.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 01:48:46 am »

Hi,

There is a shortage of 44x33 mm sensors from Sony because of the earthquake, they lost perhaps a half year of production.

Kevin is probably right that they are focusing on production and firmware issues on the X1D and H6-100c so the VFC stands back. But, I would be sure they will produce VFC again if it is a good business case. There are some 500 000 V-system bodies out there, but owners of those systems may not have something like 10kUS to spend.

Best regards
Erik

Ulrik, seems to be the case.  Hasselblad had to tighten its product line and focus on sales and profit and that will come from the X1D and the H6 5- & 100 systems.  I think Perry is doing the right thing.
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up