Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big discounts being offered on Canon's Printers?  (Read 1432 times)

iamjanco

Big discounts being offered on Canon's Printers?
« on: October 24, 2016, 09:21:51 pm »

Hi all--I'm a long time lurker here who's been following the printer forum for some time now, especially given the wealth of expertise shared here. I came across the following info which a number of folks might find interesting (reposted from Fred Miranda):

So here I am almost a year later pondering a printer, still wanting one. I've never been crazy about Canon's Pro-1000, what with it's paper size limitations, nor have I been swayed enough to go after a P-800 which, if you purchase the roll paper holder, still runs you $1100 after rebates.

Then today, I was browsing printers again and noted what probably are additional seasonal discounts by Canon. I found them by way of Atlex's site, and a couple of them follow:

Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Printer 24" Wide Format
$300 Mail-in Rebate valid through 12/15/16 + $300 Instant Rebate Valid through 10/31/16.
Translated: $2196 after rebates.

Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4000 Printer 44" Wide Format
$800 Mail-in Rebate valid through 12/15/16 + $500 Instant Rebate through 10/31/16!
Translated: $2496 after rebates.

While the same rebates are being offered on IT Supplies' site, if you click the link they provide to request the rebate, you're redirected to a rebate form on the Canon site which appears to be prepped for the new rebates. I tried submitting a purchase date of today, but the form didn't return any active rebates (could be they're planning to turn it on this week; or at least, hopefully, before the current rebates expire). 

The 44" printer at $2496 certainly does seem like it would be a great deal for those who have the room for it (I don't) AND will make use of it; if the rebate starts showing up this week, I'll be hard pressed not to order a 2000.

Edited: I stand corrected. The rebates are being displayed on Canon's site, just not prominently. You have to select a model of printer from one of the dropdown's there and the rebate shows up.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:27:32 pm by iamjanco »

BillK

• http://
Re: Big discounts being offered on Canon's Printers?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:46:11 am »

While they are offering the rebates you mention. I believe you are wrong on the total amount.
The 4000's msrp is $4796, that would put the end cost at $3496, not $2496.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 01:36:59 pm »

Whenever you see an Instant Rebate on the website, the price is already adjusted upfront (if not, it would show in the shopping cart).  The Mail-in is an additional rebate per the manufacturer which you will get back as "usually" a check from the manufacturer.

So the final price after the Mail-in would be $3,496 (per BillK).  The Mail-in rebates on the Pro-2000 and Pro-4000 at the end of the 2016.  The Instant rebate ends end of October and who knows what Canon decides to do during the holidays besides just the Mail-in.

iamjanco

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 02:43:06 pm »

It looks like the two of you are correct about the price of the 4000, as IT Supplies has updated the price to reflect what you stated. That said, I just added the 4000 to my cart at Atlex, which is reflecting $3296, before the $800 mail-in rebate. I took a screen cap if anyone is interested in seeing it:

Screen cap
Pages: [1]   Go Up