Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Verticality  (Read 555 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Verticality
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:48:34 pm »

A B&W version of one I posed in Abstracts even though it is marginally abstract.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

francois

Re: Verticality
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 04:42:54 am »

Nice repetitive patterns and B&W is perfect to focus on the shapes. When I saw the thumbnail I thought that it was a chinese abacus.
Francois

Otto Phocus

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 06:17:42 am »

I like the patterns and the shadows.  Nicely done.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Arlen

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 11:02:03 am »

I like it too. And the other version as well.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 02:54:02 pm »

Thanks. This was one of the most difficult B&W conversions I've ever done because it is essentially just reds and yellows with a dash of white for balance. Just using the color sliders in a B&W adj layer didn't yield enough differentiation between the varying shades of yellow, in particular. To offset this, I used the select by color range and then made successive B&W adj layers until I had the mix I wanted, later taking it into SEP2 and lowering the grain slider to the soft side with a touch of contrast added and I used a blue filter to dump the residual blues in the whites.

I do like the effect as I've presented it. Thanks, again.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows
Pages: [1]   Go Up