Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color printing with MacOS Sierra  (Read 3212 times)

Jacob Buchowski

• JMB Photography
Color printing with MacOS Sierra
« on: October 23, 2016, 01:33:04 pm »

I recently upgraded to MacOS Sierra and noticed that after the upgrade, the color was off when printing on my Epson P7000. I confirmed that I had the latest software and was still using all the correct profiles (both for the computer monitor and for the paper) to no avail. Ultimately, to fix the issue I had to reset the printing system. To do this, go to System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners, control click anywhere where the printers are listed and you should get the "Reset printing system..." option. You will then need to reinstall the printers. This worked and my printing is now back to "normal."

Sharing this in case it comes in helpful. It took me several days and many pages of paper to figure out what was wrong.

Simon J.A. Simpson

Re: Color printing with MacOS Sierra
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:51:52 am »

Thanks Jacob.

And thanks for sharing this.

PaulMarcellini

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 03:13:24 pm »

This just fixed the same issue for me with an Epson 7890.

drchevalier

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 11:22:48 am »

Good message Jacob.  I missed the reset printing system option, but as I have a number of printers set up, that wasn't a bad miss for me.  I found that deleting the printer in System Preferences, and then turning it on and letting macOS Sierra "discover" it as new fixed printing and also made all the printer native ICC profiles appear again.  No Epson papers showed as options for the 4900 although the profiles existed.  Once I rediscovered the printer, all worked properly.

Ross Chevalier
Pages: [1]   Go Up