Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fine Art Pearl on 2200  (Read 2569 times)

jdyke

• http://www.jondyke.com
Fine Art Pearl on 2200
« on: July 04, 2006, 09:56:08 am »

Hi
I'm just wandering what the new Hahnamhule Fine Art Pearl is like on the Epson 2200?  I know that the original Ultrachrome inks have a tendency to bronze (and Gloss differential) on anything other than matte/fine art paper so given the cost of the paper and no samples available from the UK retailers I don't wish to fork out a lot of wedge for a box if its not a good match. (£100 per box of 50 A3)  

I have recently tried some of the Chau Digital Fibre Based Gloss (Which I think is pretty much the same paper as Innova FBG and Permajet Fibre gloss).  
This is a very nice paper and looks great with colour prints on the 2200.  However any b&w prints need a coat of Printguard to get rid of the dreaded Ultrachrome bronzing.

Any thoughts?

JD

pflower

Fine Art Pearl on 2200
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 03:05:20 pm »

Squid Technology (don't have their website to hand) do a sample pack of 10 A4 sheets.  I have used up these on a 2200 with Lyson Photochrome inks.  Looks very good but don't really know whether the black in the CIS is a full Photo black but so far the results are good enough to go for a box of A3+.  Squid also do the Innova F Gloss but I think I prefer the Hahnemuhle although juding on A4 only is not entirely straightforward.

Hi
I'm just wandering what the new Hahnamhule Fine Art Pearl is like on the Epson 2200?  I know that the original Ultrachrome inks have a tendency to bronze (and Gloss differential) on anything other than matte/fine art paper so given the cost of the paper and no samples available from the UK retailers I don't wish to fork out a lot of wedge for a box if its not a good match. (£100 per box of 50 A3)   

I have recently tried some of the Chau Digital Fibre Based Gloss (Which I think is pretty much the same paper as Innova FBG and Permajet Fibre gloss). 
This is a very nice paper and looks great with colour prints on the 2200.  However any b&w prints need a coat of Printguard to get rid of the dreaded Ultrachrome bronzing.

Any thoughts?

JD
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up