Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silverfast - eating a little crow here  (Read 1458 times)

AFairley

Silverfast - eating a little crow here
« on: October 21, 2016, 12:00:51 pm »

I have been a vocal non-fan of Silverfast scanning software in the past, but I recently receiveded an email upgrade offer to Studio Ai 8.8 (tied to the bare bones version of 6.x that came bundled with my Epson scanner) that was such a deal I tried the demo and the bought the upgrade.  A world of difference from 6.x and the best scanning software I have used (and I've used most of them).  Highly recommended if you can take the restriction of the license to one scanner model (which I still deplore - as a current license holder for the Epson, an additional license for my Nikon scanner would cost me $209!!  Really?  That's more like Big Pharma pricing, if you ask me.).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:10:04 pm by AFairley »

Tim Lookingbill

Re: Silverfast - eating a little crow here
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 02:52:51 pm »

Thanks for the heads up on the updated Silverfast.

It would help if you could show an A/B comparison image showing the improvements.

I've had so much trouble getting good color with my old Epson scanner that I've stopped shooting film and won't bother scanning my personal family and general interests shots I've had tucked away with the Epson in my closet.

Any improvements in print negative color? That's mostly what I have.

Richard Man

• Richard Man Photography
Re: Silverfast - eating a little crow here
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 05:43:43 pm »

I was a big Vuescan fan for years, but as I have settled on a 4x5 Portra 160 workflow for 90% of my personal work, I found upgrading to the full version of Silverfast is one of the best things I have done. The negafix really helps a lot.
// richard
[url=http://richardmanphoto.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up