Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo book printing in the EU  (Read 699 times)

GMB

• Georg M. Berrisch Fine Art & Travel Photography
Photo book printing in the EU
« on: October 21, 2016, 05:26:23 am »

All--I want to print high quality photo books for private use of recent trips and generally of shots take during the last year.  I did a Blurb book a couple of years ago and thought it was ok, but not the quality I am looking for.  Does anyone here have experience with other providers?  I would like to find a provider based in the EU as having things shipped from the US is too complicated.

Thanks a lot.

Georg

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Photo book printing in the EU
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 08:12:27 am »

Georg,

If he doesn't chime-in here, I would suggest you send a PM to Marcin Kaluza - he's a highly knowledgeable and active member of this forum and may have some useful suggestions. In particular, one approach that comes to mind is that you find out which service providers in the EU use the Canon DreamLabo press. From what I'm reading this would seem to be the key to higher quality than a number of the labs are currently achieving with the HP Indigo machines that most of them are using; whether they are using them to full advantage being another question, but the alternative technology seems well worth exploring.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up