Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ned Help Tethering Pentax 645Z to Sony Vaio Laptop  (Read 1322 times)

rollsman44

Ned Help Tethering Pentax 645Z to Sony Vaio Laptop
« on: October 20, 2016, 10:54:08 pm »

I want to tether my P645Z  to my Sony Laptop,  Its windows 7 but I can upgrade it.  My question is can I use this Sony to tether my P645Z?   If so, what is needed to make it work?   Thank you, 

Joe Towner

Re: Ned Help Tethering Pentax 645Z to Sony Vaio Laptop
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 12:48:41 am »

What level of tethering are you looking for?  What tethering have you used before?  You can do the Lightroom Plugin for free or there's a larger Image Transmitter 2 package for purchase.  Based on reviews here, I'd stay with the free plugin.  It's a basic image transfer, so no settings / live view / control from the laptop.

Windows 7 is fine - nothing that requires Win8 or Win10.  There is also the Flu card, but I'd stay away from using anything more than a S-JPEG with it.

Yes, tethering is a weak spot, yes, it sucks that CaptureOne doesn't support it.  It's part of the whole price point - everything is a trade off.
t: @PNWMF

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Ned Help Tethering Pentax 645Z to Sony Vaio Laptop
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 01:00:38 am »

Hi,

I don't have a Pentax, but check this:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2015/12/10/ricoh-adds-free-lightroom-tethered-capture-for-pentax-645z-dslr

You don't need a plugin for Lightroom as long as you have a program for controlling the camera that can dump the images to a 'watched folder' in Lightroom. The few times I have shot tethered with my Sony's I have used Sony's own program. The advantage of camera vendors program is that they allow a lot of control. But again, I have no knowledge about Pentax stuff.

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

Joe Towner

t: @PNWMF
Pages: [1]   Go Up