Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last light  (Read 1366 times)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Last light
« on: October 20, 2016, 07:42:50 am »

Last Light...

Peter

stamper

Re: Last light
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 07:51:58 am »

Yes I like this. The balance between light and dark is appropriate. The only slight nitpick is the vehicle on the right. Depicts a habituated property,perhaps?

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 07:53:35 am »

Gorgeous. What a wonderful palette of complementary colors. (I want to live there.)
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 08:01:00 am »

I have always loved that sort of concept, but I think it works far better in paint.

I only say this because I know perfectly well that's no difficulty for you. It's great as photo but, for me, paint would trump it, if that's still a word not hijacked by the PC brigade.

Rob

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 08:09:16 am »

I have always loved that sort of concept, but I think it works far better in paint.

I only say this because I know perfectly well that's no difficulty for you. It's great as photo but, for me, paint would trump it, if that's still a word not hijacked by the PC brigade.

Rob
You are correct Rob, it's for a painting...it will be cropped and reorchestrated. Almost everything I shoot that's landscaped based is with painting in mind.

Peter

The paint will be luscious

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 08:18:45 am »

You are correct Rob, it's for a painting...it will be cropped and reorchestrated. Almost everything I shoot that's landscaped based is with painting in mind.

Peter

The paint will be luscious

If I had that sort of money I'd buy it, sight unseen! My cousin, who is also a professional artist, tells me that he sometimes has great difficulty letting go of his 'children' when somebody waves the chequebook. I can empathise with that sentiment; it must be heart-wrenching sometimes, even though it pays the bills. So much time and nervous energy, intimacy, and then it's flown the coop...

No wonder reproducible photography can't be held in quite the same degree of love by its maker.

Rob

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 08:22:48 am »

If I had that sort of money I'd buy it, sight unseen! My cousin, who is also a professional artist, tells me that he sometimes has great difficulty letting go of his 'children' when somebody waves the chequebook. I can empathise with that sentiment; it must be heart-wrenching sometimes, even though it pays the bills. So much time and nervous energy, intimacy, and then it's flown the coop...

No wonder reproducible photography can't hold quite the same degree of love for its maker.

Rob

Very true...but the zeros to the left of the decimal

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 08:34:20 am »

Very true...but the zeros to the left of the decimal

Peter

Very good point!

;-)

Rob

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 09:49:17 am »

Lovely, Peter. How about a picture of the final painting on LuLa? Love the waterfowl on the lake.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 10:21:34 am »

Lovely, Peter. How about a picture of the final painting on LuLa? Love the waterfowl on the lake.

You got it. It will be awhile before I get to it.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up