Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Wanted to Say  (Read 2784 times)

Rob C

Just Wanted to Say
« on: October 20, 2016, 06:22:06 am »

There are bound to be ups as there are downs, but just wanted to say that I've had some really good times on this forum, and overall, wouldn't have missed it for worlds! Met some really cool dudes and some very funny ones too; who could ask for more?

I hope the chemistry remains much as it is.

Rob C

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Just Wanted to Say
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 06:48:53 am »

There are bound to be ups as there are downs, but just wanted to say that I've had some really good times on this forum, and overall, wouldn't have missed it for worlds! Met some really cool dudes and some very funny ones too; who could ask for more?

I agree entirely. Sometimes the abuse exceeds acceptable levels, but there are very valuable pearls of wisdom to be found here; and some grit in the oyster shell is necessary to produce a pearl.

I'm slightly concerned by your choice of tense, Rob. You're not leaving, are you?

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 07:53:54 am »

I agree entirely. Sometimes the abuse exceeds acceptable levels, but there are very valuable pearls of wisdom to be found here; and some grit in the oyster shell is necessary to produce a pearl.

I'm slightly concerned by your choice of tense, Rob. You're not leaving, are you?

Jeremy

Well, not of my own volition - but you never know what the Man Upstairs may have in store... My wife may be getting impatient up there, too, and have some late questions she'd like answered.

;-)

Rob

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 09:53:26 am »

Rob C
You nailed it, Rob.

I once started a list of all the people that I like and respect on the LuLa Forum, but it was getting too long, do I stopped. And if I posted it, it could be construed as an attack on those I didn't include.
I'll just say that I especially appreciate the folks that appreciate images more than gadgetry.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 11:23:09 am »

Rob,
Several years ago I sent you a PM regarding your valuable contribution here. It has done nothing but go up from there. I still think we could make a book of your posts over the years and it would outsell 50 shades of grey. Or is that gray?

Well maybe not quite that many copies, but it would be a hell of a fun ride.

Dave

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 12:04:44 pm »

Rob,
Several years ago I sent you a PM regarding your valuable contribution here. It has done nothing but go up from there. I still think we could make a book of your posts over the years and it would outsell 50 shades of grey. Or is that gray?

Well maybe not quite that many copies, but it would be a hell of a fun ride.

Dave
I would certainly buy it.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 02:00:49 pm »

Oops!

Thanks very much for the kind comments, but reaping this wasn't my intention at all. I just had a sort of wave of happiness - a kind of flash of sunshine on a rather gloomy day; I pretty much always tune in to LuLa during the second part of breakfast when I enjoy my second mug of milkless, sugarless tea. Some days I end up giving myself high blood pressure (I think - but don't really know if I can do that with all these pìlls I have to pop), but usually it sets me up for the rest of the day. It's nice to know that the world doesn't consist solely of the folks coming at me from the news programmes - though I do try to control input from those channels too. I've currently lost Sky News for some unknown reason, but I have not been watching since I discoverd that Eammon Holmes, the Irish anchor, has left. He was the only guy I could watch and believe had some balls. He has character and style.

So yeah, many people here do bring me cheer; some I have known a long, long time and others are relatively new positive influences. With others I just can't help disagreeing, but that's probaby as much my own failure as theirs.

Thanks to Michael for building this thing, and to Kevin and Chris for keeping it alive. Great place to travel! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Rob

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 04:27:21 pm »

...I still think we could make a book of your posts over the years and it would outsell 50 shades of grey. Or is that gray?
For me, you are one of those you mentioned in the OP. I am with dchew, we could call it perhaps, The Rob C Compendium of Photographic (and Other) Wisdom!

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 06:00:13 pm »

For me, you are one of those you mentioned in the OP. I am with dchew, we could call it perhaps, The Rob C Compendium of Photographic (and Other) Wisdom!

Thanks, but my mother wouldn't have recognized me with that title! As for my wife - she'd have thought it to be the thinnest book ever!

But muchas gracias, nonetheless! You're all very kind.

;-)

Rob C

prairiewing

• Pat Gerlach, Photographer
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 10:25:09 am »

+1 Rob.  There are times I don't agree with what you write but there are many more times that you perfectly state what I feel about a topic.  If I chimed in on all those things I'd look like your own personal cheerleader and no old guy needs another old guy as a cheerleader.
Pat Gerlach
   Pat Gerlach, Photographer

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 11:11:53 am »

+1 Rob.  There are times I don't agree with what you write but there are many more times that you perfectly state what I feel about a topic.  If I chimed in on all those things I'd look like your own personal cheerleader and no old guy needs another old guy as a cheerleader.

Sometimes, it's all we've got! I quite fancy the young Sandra Dee in that rôle, but hey...

Take care -

;-)

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up