Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing, some advice needed.  (Read 1233 times)

Mike Dale

Importing, some advice needed.
« on: October 19, 2016, 07:36:12 pm »

I have a pretty convoluted editing method which I think is pretty weird. I'll explain. I have Photoshop CS6 with no intention of going to CC. I purchased LR6 and used to use that until I came to try Capture One 9 which I now use in between LR6 and CS6. I save my files into a RAID NAS box and a copy onto an external USB drive in my Mac. Lightroom seems to do a reasonable job of importing to both devices. I then view them in Lightroom and any that I want to edit are exported as a NEF or an ARW to Capture One. Once I have the file looking how I want it in Capture One I export it as a TIF to CS6. I don't save any of my processing, ever. As my post processing skills develop I would rather start from the RAW file so I don't see the point in saving an edited version.

I want to ditch Lightroom altogether but do like it's importing method, probably because I understand it. I know Capture One has a similar import but I don't understand it. Can you import to two devices at the same time? Is there an Idiots Guide to Importing?

Thanks for any advice.

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
Re: Importing, some advice needed.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 08:10:05 pm »

Can you import to two devices at the same time?

You can Import To one destination and Backup To another. Will that do what you need?
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

Mike Dale

Re: Importing, some advice needed.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 01:10:57 pm »

You can Import To one destination and Backup To another. Will that do what you need?

Thanks Bob, I finally got around to try it and it does pretty much what I want. I can save the fikes to my bulk drive and to a backup with the catalog held locally.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up