Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED

(1/14) > >>

ben730:
The new PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED looks good but not world-shaking and it's expensive...
Until now there is no hood announced.

http://www.cameraegg.org/pc-nikkor-19mm-f4e-ed-tilt-shift-lens-sample-images/

Regards,
Ben

alan_b:
Hard to tell much from those samples - look good, but not pushed very far.  No CA, distortion, but perhaps corrected in post?

MTF looks good, and with a healthy grain of salt - better than the Canon 17.  Price is higher as well - worth it to me if the performance is there.  Tilt/shift axes are now independent.  I see the knobs are larger than the 24, thankful for that!  Also looks like a new shift mechanism - maybe a worm/screw mechanism rather than the rack & pinion of the other PC-Es?

Congratulations Nikon, hope it's a hit!  Now keep the momentum going and update the 24 to match.  And how about a 35 while you're at it?

ben730:
I'm also not happy with the knobs of the 24 PC. But if the knobs are larger,
won't it be more difficult and clumsy to rotate and handle the lens with a D8xx?
The included flash is really disturbing and I never used it.

But when the performance in the extreme corners is good and it handles
back light situations well, it will be worth the money for me,
also in the clumsy combination with a D8xx.

Torbjörn Tapani:
Looks encouraging. Will be interesting to see some actual reviews. Some mechanical interferance with D800, not a show stopper but unfortunate.

Alan Klein:
It seems that the indoor pictures have the camera about half way between the floor and ceiling or higher.  Am I right?  If so, what does that mean from a shooting standpoint?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version