Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweden CLA??  (Read 2791 times)

straightbanana

Sweden CLA??
« on: October 18, 2016, 01:29:29 pm »

I had - or thought I had - in September an issue with some weird Orange Centralised lens flare on my 50mm Lens with my CFVII digital back.
I created a post (which has disappeared from this forum for me if I'm logged in) and had some helpful replies. Which was that my CFV might be at issue or the 50mm lens (Non T) might have haze.

At the time I also tested my 80mm and 250mm with the CFV and seem to happen much more on the 250mm than the 80mm and happened less when all of the lenses were stopped down. So I thought it might be my CFV II as it happened with all of my Lenses.

I think I have found my solution.

Today I happened to be doing some mirror lock up shots (RS mode) with my 555ELD and noticed the lens shutter and rear shutter did not sound correct. The shutter clicks did not sound right.

When the 555ELD is set to either S or RS mode to lock up the mirror:-

50mm C f4 - Lens shutter does not close when it is set to Bulb (B) prior to shutter button depress.
Lens shutter does close when set to 1 sec or above. 1or 2 second consistency and self timer are an issue.
It hates cold weather and plays up more when cold.

80mm C f2.8 -  1or 2 second consistency and self timer are an issue. It hates cold weather and plays up more when cold.

250mm C f5.6 - Lens shutter does not close when it is set to Bulb (B) prior to shutter button depress.
Lens shutter does not close when set to 1 sec or above. 1or 2 second consistency and self timer are an issue.
Self timer does not action shutter at end of timing function.

Hasselblad Lens Issues when used with the Hasselblad 500C/M when:-
The 500C/M is in mirror lock up mode.

50mm C f4 - As above.

80mm C f2.8 -  As above.

250mm C f5.6 - Lens shutter does close when it is set to Bulb (B) prior to shutter button depress.
Lens shutter does close when set to 1 sec or above. 1or 2 second consistency and self timer are an issue.
Self timer does not action shutter at end of timing function.

So the orange centralised flare is because the sensor is being exposed to light before the sensor is on and then during exposure, up until the rear shutter on the body closes for the 50mm and 250mm lenses. In cold weather the 80mm just gets super slow. Which is why it did not show up as much if at all on the 80mm lens.

So I need a CLA for my 50mm, 80mm & 250mm lenses. Ouch.

I normally use a company called Luton Camera repairs in the UK but am now living in Sweden so the logistics are slightly more complicated. Though LCR normally charge £60 per lens and guarantee their work for 6 months.

I could also send these lenses off to David Odess but his charges are £200 per lens (not including postage), which is probably what they are worth each so am not sure if this is a viable option, I might be better off just buying newer CF lenses but cash is tight at the moment.

I have not found anyone (yet) in Sweden who repairs or CLA's these lenses for a reasonable figure. I assumed Hasselblad won't touch them as they are now so old? Or if they do will be super expensive?

Has anyone found or knows someone in Sweden to repair C lenses for a reasonable price please?

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:32:53 pm by straightbanana »

Chris Livsey

Re: Sweden CLA??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 04:18:56 pm »

No help on the CLA in Sweden I'm afraid but indeed that thread seems to be missing in action, this was the OP which I found by a circuitous route:

Posted by: straightbanana
« on: August 27, 2016, 01:42:35 AM »

Anyone come across this before?

Seems to be an issue mostly with my Hasselblad 50mm C (non *T) lens.
See attachments.
Directly into the sun for picture 0166 (though facing down) and 70 degrees to the sun on right for picture 0156.

I have all chrome C lenses for my 500cm Hassy and have not really noticed this with the 80mm, 150mm or 250mm in film or Digital Sensor (CFV16II).
Though having checked some film and digital photos into the sun, the 80mm also does seem to lightly do this but the picture were crap anyway so did not notice this before.

Because of this I bought a 6093 hood and this solved the issue with the 80mm but this did add tons of extra contrast with the 80mm, 150mm and 250mm, which I tend to not like doing as I add this after if I feel like it.

I've never really used the 50mm in favour of the 80mm for most occasions especially as I did not have and could not find a 67mm Hasselblad thread to fit the 6093 hood.

So it languished in the cupboard until I eventually made a 67mm thread adapter with bayonet fitting so I could fit the 6093 hood to the 50mm, which at least fits.
But does not seem to fix the flare? at all (in any direction with bright sunlight) if that's what it is?
Incidentally in order for me to fit the 67mm filter thread I made I removed the original filter holder thread that came with the lens.

Could this be the issue?

Anyone come across this issue and a fix?
Should I get a 67mm UV filter to fit the lens so I can keep using my DIY bayonet mount?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 06:00:57 pm »

Hi,

I bought all my Hasselblad gear except the 555/ELD body and the Planar 100/3.5 from ClassicCamera in Sweden. The owner, Jan Laurits, is extremely helpful and I am pretty sure he can help you with suggestions.

http://www.classiccamera.se

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

straightbanana

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 12:14:41 am »

Thank you so much.

Hi,

I bought all my Hasselblad gear except the 555/ELD body and the Planar 100/3.5 from ClassicCamera in Sweden. The owner, Jan Laurits, is extremely helpful and I am pretty sure he can help you with suggestions.

http://www.classiccamera.se

Best regards
Erik

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 05:45:55 am »

I had a 40mm CFE lens serviced by a chap in Taiwan when no one else in the world I contacted was willing to do so.

His name is Lin Wea Lun or Wea Lun Lin, his business is called ProLensCLA (search on Facebook under Old Manual Focus Lens Repair & CLA) and his email address is lin0975165383@gmail.com.

His charges were extremely reasonable.
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

minicoop1985

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 09:12:58 am »

If you can't find anyone, David Odess in the US is the MAN for this stuff.

http://www.david-odess.com/

Good luck in your search.
Michael Long
Hasselblad H3D 39, Canon 5D mark II

carloalberto

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 03:21:56 am »

Both in the Netherlands. I have used both and they are reliable and professional.

Wilco Jansen
http://www.hasselblad-reparaties.nl/

Wil v Manen
http://www.kamera-service.info/

Carlo
Pages: [1]   Go Up