Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Important Changes To This Forum  (Read 7537 times)

FabienP

Re: Important Changes To This Forum
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 05:11:50 pm »

There is currently no one who can login who is banned from posting.  I use that as a wrist slap or warning - generally only for 24 hrs to a week. Those you see logged in choose to post or not... Those you do not see for extended periods are likely banned permanently.

Chris,
I, too, welcome this change in forum moderation. I understand the reasons for not mentioning names, but yet hope that the situation is not as dire as your sentence above might imply (emphasis mine).

Cheers,

Fabien

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 05:52:44 pm »

So, if I don't log in and post folk will assume I'm banned?

It could be worse: they might assume you are dead.

I check in every morning, straight after breakfast, just to make sure I'm still alive. How else would I know? The difference between dream and reality is very tenuous at best, and only by reading something I'm sure that I would never have written myself, can I be certain that it's a matter of being awake and not in the long night where dreams we know not may come.

I actually knew a person who used to set an alarm clock every night, just to make sure that morning wasn't missed, and that breakfast and not death came by hungry default. The older and more creaky I get, the more sense that person seems to have been displaying. A good tip; I may follow it up myself.

Rob

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 08:32:13 pm »

So, if I don't log in and post folk will assume I'm banned?
And be sure to do a nozzle check before logging in, and do a PK to MK ink switch and back every couple of months...

Oh, sorry! I'm all caught up in printer problems in another thread.   ::)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2016, 01:47:13 am »

You don't ever dream about computers?

Erik

It could be worse: they might assume you are dead.

I check in every morning, straight after breakfast, just to make sure I'm still alive. How else would I know? The difference between dream and reality is very tenuous at best, and only by reading something I'm sure that I would never have written myself, can I be certain that it's a matter of being awake and not in the long night where dreams we know not may come.

I actually knew a person who used to set an alarm clock every night, just to make sure that morning wasn't missed, and that breakfast and not death came by hungry default. The older and more creaky I get, the more sense that person seems to have been displaying. A good tip; I may follow it up myself.

Rob
Erik Kaffehr

Rob C

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 04:20:32 am »

You don't ever dream about computers?

Erik

Actually, Eric, I have a very low nightmare frequency.

;-)

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 04:35:59 am »

Perhaps I need to create a footer?

"Alive, not banned (yet), just getting on with the rest of my life in the real world"

;-)

Keith, are you telling me this is not the real world? Though I do have a mirror that would have fitted the old studio better, I don't even know anybody called Alice.

But I used to. She's past tense because she was found dead in the shower (hers) and, left to her own devices, might have been washed clean away. They only found her because the water supply, stored in a communal tank, ran out and the other residents, on being left high and dry, investigated as only angry residents can. In a way, you could say she managed her own final ablution and absolution. Cool; admirable, even.

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 06:17:09 am »

Gosh, I do hope not, Rob.

To quote Alice...“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

Anyway, I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date. No time to say hello, goodbye. I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!

Hurry, hurry!

Rob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up