Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: strange text behavior in LR CC printing  (Read 1233 times)

afterimages

strange text behavior in LR CC printing
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:12:35 pm »

I am not sure if this is the first print from LR since the last update, but I think so. My version: 2015.7

I often have an Identity Plate print in the margin. Have done this for years - never a problem. Today, on two different papers on the P800, and one on a Canon MG8220, the two lines of text in the id plate are the wrong font/size. Especially the second line: it starts too far to the right and the right half of the sexy does not appear. The font appears stretched horizontally and less opaque than it should be. The proof window in Print module looks perfect, as always. Printing a JPG (instead of going to printer) looks perfect also.

Can anyone corroborate this? Wasn't there some printing glitches with the prior update?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: strange text behavior in LR CC printing
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 01:31:40 pm »

Windows or Mac?

afterimages

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 01:32:51 pm »

Mac Sierra

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 03:42:30 pm »

Mine seems to be normal, but haven’t tried printing similar to what you displayed.

But I thought I would mention one oddity that might have a slim chance of causing the issue.  When I opened my Lr preferences, there was no default language chosen.  I had to specify English.  Not sure why it was empty.

tonyrom

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 03:53:12 pm »

I'm having layouts not being done correctly when printing and I haven't had time to dig into it. Didn't happen before Sierra.

Please share any findings and I will do the same.

kevinmcdnyc

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 04:46:50 pm »

Hmm. I tried text on an image yesterday using a typeface I have used many times. However, the font looked to be stretched horizontally, much as yours appears to be. I made sure all the setting were at 100% and weren't set to stretch the type, however the problem continued. I switched to another typeface which worked without an issue.  The thing is that I haven't updated to Sierra on that computer as of yet.  Maybe the last Adobe update is having a problem with certain types of fonts.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 12:59:25 am »

I tried a similar Identity Plate on a few images tonight, printing on a p800 and p9000.  I didn't see any anomalies with the text.  However this machine is still on El Capitan.

I plan on upgrading to Sierra in the next few days, I'll try it again and see I have issues with this as well as layouts.

afterimages

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 08:43:09 am »

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Not just for this instance, but boy, I wish there was a reasonable alternative to LR. When it works, it's fine, but...

I think I'll putz around with different typefaces. But, right there, that Identity Plate editor is pathetic. Usually can't do more than one line. I don't get it.

Cranky and whining...

afterimages

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 09:28:49 am »

'Final' update:

I thought I had it straight by changing font in ID Plate editor (what a piece of...). Fortunately I did a check with a 4x6 despite the on screen Print layout looking fine. Same stretched outcome.

So, I turned ID Plate off until I see evidence of a fix. Seems likely that the combo of updates (LR and/or Sierra) is to blame somehow.

rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up