Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ipf8300 Banding  (Read 2154 times)

Adam_Gerlach

Canon ipf8300 Banding
« on: October 11, 2016, 10:59:59 pm »

I've not posted before so I hope I am not breaking protocol. I tried to find a forum discussing my ipf8300 issues but couldn't find a recent one.

Here's my issue I bought an ipf8300 recently (used for course). The printer did sit four months before I bought it, without use, which I know is never great. I have all new ink cartridges that I put into it. I have done an A cleaning, a B cleaning, and at least one other A cleaning. I get perfect Nozzle Checks but when I make prints I get banding lines that go horizontal through the print in the same direction the print head travels. It's most obvious in the midtones. The lines are every 1/8th inch and are lighter than the background. Although they aren't as obvous in the dark areas of the print I think they go top to bottom every 1/8th inch.

I'm not getting an error that my printheads need to be replaced. How do I know if they need to be replaced and which one or both? Could this be another problem? Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it. I don't want to be running head cleanings if it's the heads need to be replaced and don't want to replace the heads if it's something else.

Best,
Adam

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Canon ipf8300 Banding
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 04:50:52 am »

I've not posted before so I hope I am not breaking protocol. I tried to find a forum discussing my ipf8300 issues but couldn't find a recent one.

Here's my issue I bought an ipf8300 recently (used for course). The printer did sit four months before I bought it, without use, which I know is never great. I have all new ink cartridges that I put into it. I have done an A cleaning, a B cleaning, and at least one other A cleaning. I get perfect Nozzle Checks but when I make prints I get banding lines that go horizontal through the print in the same direction the print head travels. It's most obvious in the midtones. The lines are every 1/8th inch and are lighter than the background. Although they aren't as obvous in the dark areas of the print I think they go top to bottom every 1/8th inch.

I'm not getting an error that my printheads need to be replaced. How do I know if they need to be replaced and which one or both? Could this be another problem? Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it. I don't want to be running head cleanings if it's the heads need to be replaced and don't want to replace the heads if it's something else.

Best,
Adam

The code indicates which printhead needs to be repleaced. Repleace them ASAP, they may damage the main board. See Service Manual from Canon iPF wiki to check error codes.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

samueljohnchia

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 06:33:03 am »

Since there is no error message, one could assume nothing is grossly wrong with the heads, yet. I suspect it's a paper feed issue. Try running a paper feed alignment. Do an auto feed alignment, and if that doesn't work, try a manual alignment. I usually like running a (initial) head alignment too before feed alignment. The regular auto head alignment works too, but my tests showed that the initial alignment is more repeatable and the results were also better.

picman

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 08:45:53 am »

The normal nozzle will usually always be good because the bad nozzles have been mapped and bypassed.
Using the service mode nozzle check will show the true state of the head.
This explains better than I - its for the 6400 but will work the same.
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3812165

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 08:46:22 am »

A few questions:
  • What paper are you using?
  • Is it sheet or roll?
  • What is your suction setting?
  • Have you run the printer setup routine?
  • Have you run the calibration routine?
~ CB

enduser

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 08:21:24 pm »

Any acquisition of a used ipfCanon should always include an install of new heads. As others say, heads can blow the main board if pushed for too long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up