Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power points in Fiji  (Read 1243 times)

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
Power points in Fiji
« on: October 11, 2016, 09:57:47 am »

Sooooooooo close to getting my new apartment in Sydney. Housing prices are ridiculous here at the moment. A week in Fiji sounds comfortable (and comparatively not too expensive) while I wait. Oh yeah, what do I plug my laptop and camera battery charger into in Fiji. I've got a bag full of connectors etc from past purchases.

Seems like I'm in luck, they use the same power points as Australia and NZ. Sorry the rest of the world. It is an interesting time when using your camera depends on how you can recharge things.

Cheers,
Tom Brown

Rob C

Re: Power points in Fiji
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 11:44:32 am »

Sooooooooo close to getting my new apartment in Sydney. Housing prices are ridiculous here at the moment. A week in Fiji sounds comfortable (and comparatively not too expensive) while I wait. Oh yeah, what do I plug my laptop and camera battery charger into in Fiji. I've got a bag full of connectors etc from past purchases.

Seems like I'm in luck, they use the same power points as Australia and NZ. Sorry the rest of the world. It is an interesting time when using your camera depends on how you can recharge things.

Cheers,

Understatement from down under!

Rob

Telecaster

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 02:51:54 pm »

I also have a bag full of plug adapters and portable voltage converters. This thread reminds me I need to make sure my Panasonic GX8's charger can handle ~230v (and if not, to get one that can). I may be heading south of the equator for awhile early next year!

-Dave-

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 04:25:07 pm »

I was reminded by my recent trip to Vietnam. Finally got my passport renewed. Reached into my  bag of adapters, Australian to US adapter, beaut. Got to Hanoi and I got out the adapter to charge my laptop. Australian plugs can be two or three pin. I had brought a two pin adapter and my laptop pin was three pin. Finding a RadioShack/Dick Smith equivalent in Hanoi was daunting.

Managed to get a universal power board which I had to lug around. It was also a reminder that the power board was invented by an Australian. He didn't get a patent for his design and I'm sure he is kicking himself to this very day.

Cheers,
Tom Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up