Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P40+ Back for Contax 645 (Help)  (Read 925 times)

liamgilmour

P40+ Back for Contax 645 (Help)
« on: October 10, 2016, 03:11:43 am »

Hey, I'm a professional cinematographer by trade, however I shoot stills for my own personal work. I have recently purchased a Contax 645 kit which has come with a P40+ back (mint condition)  I am interested in selling it cheaply ($1500+ below market value), but was wondering if there was any interest out there for such an item or whether I am better to have it converted for a Mamiya?

Please excuse my ignorance with these things, I'm typically used to larger, heavier, noisier cameras.

Cheers 

www.liamgilmour.com

Bo_Dez

Re: P40+ Back for Contax 645 (Help)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 04:09:59 am »

I would think the Contax 645 mount is more valuable than a Mamiya one (because it's relative rarity and the fact it's a cult camera in certain circles), but it might just take a bit longer to shift.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: P40+ Back for Contax 645 (Help)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 11:17:36 am »

Hey, I'm a professional cinematographer by trade, however I shoot stills for my own personal work. I have recently purchased a Contax 645 kit which has come with a P40+ back (mint condition)  I am interested in selling it cheaply ($1500+ below market value), but was wondering if there was any interest out there for such an item or whether I am better to have it converted for a Mamiya?

Please excuse my ignorance with these things, I'm typically used to larger, heavier, noisier cameras.

Cheers 

www.liamgilmour.com

Changing the mount is not generally possible on a discontinued product, although it depends whether any trade in models happen to arrive to Copenhagen. But the cost is certainly not worth it ($3,000).

You're likely to find many more potential buyers with a Mamiya mount, but the smaller number of Contax owners might be more urgent in their desire to convert their camera system to digital. There's no way of knowing. With the size of this market place at the P40+ price level, I don't think it matters too much either way and wouldn't sweat that it is a Contax mount. It's all about the luck of timing, and how you price it. If the right person happens to be looking that week, and you've priced it right, you might be successful.

Good luck to you.

Nice work, btw.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up