Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R2400 Smudging Problem  (Read 2893 times)

Gary Ferguson

• http://
R2400 Smudging Problem
« on: June 30, 2006, 06:39:31 pm »

I'm struggling to resolve a problem with an R2400 and I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions.

There's black smudging on the very edges of the paper, generally towards the last section of paper to emerge from the printer. It seems to be worse with Da Vinci paper, which tends to have a noticeable curl to it, so that the long side edges are curling up, and it's these edges that have the black smudges.

Any thoughts on a cure?

Thanks

p.tinson

R2400 Smudging Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:13:19 pm »

With the 2400 there is a step down to the output tray to allow more than one sheet to sit on it without the next catching the previous one, with the thick (heavy) papers this causes them to flex down and towards the end of the page lifting slightly the area of paper under the print head causing the head to rub on the edge.
If you can arainge for the paper to be supported level as it exits the printer with the likes of a paper box this can be eliminated.
peter

efillink

R2400 Smudging Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 04:18:11 am »

I'm struggling to resolve a problem with an R2400 and I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions.

There's black smudging on the very edges of the paper, generally towards the last section of paper to emerge from the printer. It seems to be worse with Da Vinci paper, which tends to have a noticeable curl to it, so that the long side edges are curling up, and it's these edges that have the black smudges.

Any thoughts on a cure?

Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69539\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I hope this is just a problem with wrong selection of paper.  This means the paper you are using is different from the paper setting.  I have similar issue with refillable cartridges when the paper setting is incorrect.  I have always wonder about this.  May be this is just an Epson problem?
Pages: [1]   Go Up