Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stability on Sierra  (Read 1668 times)

martin archer-shee

Stability on Sierra
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:00:56 am »

I recently updated the OS on my late2015 iMac to Sierra. All was fine until I had installed Adobe flash plugin (but not active as Apple did not activate). I plan on removing it entirely. Photoshop (CS6)became unstable when printing and sometimes crashes. Flash might be a red herring as I have found reports of this possibly being a driver issue. I use an Epson 3880 and so far there is no new driver for Sierra.

Has anyone else run into this problem? And of course how to fix it. Wait for a new driver?!!

Martin

martin archer-shee

Re: Stability on Sierra
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:34:55 pm »

Flash gone by using an adobe uninstall but then removed two files from the Library as well. Done.
Now the driver issue...
Martin ;D

Kiwireid

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 04:48:44 am »

Photoshop crashes each time I wish to print to my Epson R3000.  I have made the advised attempts at deleting printer software from my Mac; and downloading a new version.  No success in achieving a print. I am disgusted with Adobe for allowing this state of affairs to happen with their widely used program:  Photoshop CC to which I have subscribed every since subscriptions, started to be let down in this manner.  It is a thoroughly ungracious attitude towards long time clients.  I notice that some of the responses coming out of Adobe blame the Apple OS but Adobe has had six months in which to make sure that their products are compatible.  It is high time that a "patch" was added to the new release of photoshop:  CC15.5 so that professional photographers and keen enthusiasts can get back to work.

The advice given is "print through LightRoom" but I am afraid that doesn't not achieve the wanted result.

mbaginy

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 05:28:06 am »

I've upgraded to Sierra on both iMac and MacBook Air.  Haven't found any bugs and have experienced no crashes either.

The only oddity I've noticed is a lack of response from the Map Module in LR CC - it remains blank, as if there were no connection to the internet.  It may just be a coincidence, but that behavior began immediately after the switch to Sierra.  Haven't found a solution yet.

stamper

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 05:53:48 am »

As an aside I am on windows. Photoshop won't process a video unless flash and a certain Apple application is installed on your computer. Therefore it is possible that flash is needed for other aspects of using Photoshop?
Pages: [1]   Go Up