Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPSON SureColor P7000se  (Read 2581 times)

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
EPSON SureColor P7000se
« on: October 04, 2016, 04:53:33 pm »

Hi,

I feel like being at December 24th  ;D

The Big Box arrived with just only 2 guys to get it up to the 4th floor. The apartment elevator was just big enough to fit the box standing up and nothing else did fit in, so while the elevator went up his way, they went up the stairway,  :o On each side of the elevator door just 1cm left

Now I have to wait for the EPSON technicians to arrive and set it up so the warranty is valid

Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

tonyrom

Re: EPSON SureColor P7000se
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 05:39:51 pm »

You have to wait for Epson to set it up to maintain your warranty?  For me, FedEx dropped in my house, found some people to help move it and away I went. 

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 06:52:05 pm »

You have to wait for Epson to set it up to maintain your warranty?  For me, FedEx dropped in my house, found some people to help move it and away I went.

Unfortunately yes and that is what told me my seller.

I live in Mexico and the clocks here in Mexico turn different ways  :o

You bet that I would be already unpacking everything and it would be setup and already running if it was for me  :D
 I am here for

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 07:54:10 pm »

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it.
- Dean

tonyrom

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 01:27:37 am »

Enjoy the printer!!!!  I LOVE mine.

deanwork

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 03:03:56 pm »

How is the b&w compared to previous models?

Enjoy the printer!!!!  I LOVE mine.

tonyrom

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 03:45:52 pm »

I don't do much B&W to be objective.  Sorry Dean.

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 06:18:21 pm »

How is the b&w compared to previous models?

It has visibly deeper blacks than the 7900, especially on mat papers. In fairness I don't know if that's due to better/different profiles or better inks, but it has been reported widely enough that I think it's better inks.
- Dean

deanwork

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 08:20:54 pm »

No that's the ink. They have a new black with the new inkset that exhibits better dmax. Sounds like it is close to the Hp Vivera black in that regard. That's never been an issue with me and the last thing I look at with monochrome. Highlight rendition and even print color in the neutral realm is what interests me. The Epson literature describes the new improved abw software with the new inks as being a step up. I'm just curious if there is an improvement over the 9900. I haven't seen any professional bw prints done with the new printers yet. Also don't know if the extra gray on the P10K is doing anything substantial with their new software either.  Epson is suggesting that additional gray was added for better linearity in high speed work beyond that they don't say much, which is interesting because it is the first oem inkset to have a true quad capability. Eventually we'll all find out.

john

It has visibly deeper blacks than the 7900, especially on mat papers. In fairness I don't know if that's due to better/different profiles or better inks, but it has been reported widely enough that I think it's better inks.

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 09:01:41 pm »

Thanks guys. Finally tomorrow the EPSON people wii install the printer and then tests tests and tests  8)
 I am here for

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 05:07:32 pm »

Hi,

Yesterday the guys from EPSON Mexico installed the printer and I have been printing some tests in order to learn the new settings and everything else.

Somehow the results are a bit off and therefore I guess I need to profile my papers to this new printer and this is going to be done when I get the iProfiler upgrade for my i1Pro meter.

All in all I do not regret not having bought the Canon ImagePROGRAF PRO-2000. I needed some support and EPSON was veru fast to help me solve my problems tesyterday.
 I am here for

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 05:15:22 pm »

Hi,

Wll it is a lot of fun to use this large format printer.

So far the learning curve is easy but now and then some confusing setup´s but nothing one could not manage.

I got a printed sample catalog from the Hahnemühle papers as well as a sample box from MOAB papers an they look great.

The difficult decision now having so many different paper weights and textures to decide what weight and texture to use with the different motifs.

How do you guys take those decisions ?

I am planning a photographic exhibition with a friend and after some thoughts I came up with the idea of using for example Hahnemühle Torchon or Albrecht Dürer, perhaps William Turner for images like attached below .

Thanks
 I am here for
Pages: [1]   Go Up