Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aspen Rhythm  (Read 732 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Aspen Rhythm
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:59:27 pm »

Aspen are starting to turn here in the high country of Arizona and I was struck by the syncopated rhythm of the white trunks punctuated by the young yellow tree on the right. Does it succeed?

Michael West

Re: Aspen Rhythm
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 11:47:54 pm »

its very well balanced.

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 02:34:40 am »

Personally that yellow tree doesn't add much in terms of colour although it does to the composition so I wonder how it looks in B&W?

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 10:38:20 am »

Personally that yellow tree doesn't add much in terms of colour although it does to the composition so I wonder how it looks in B&W?
Yes, flat light and all. I am playing with B&W, but haven't come up with a satisfying rendering as of yet.

BAB

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:51:11 am »

To me I would like the ground line going from left to right high n left and low on right so to balance the big green tree in the middle with the smaller yellow tree on the right. If you reshoot the image try moving the large green tree more to the left it's disturbing dead center!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 03:01:50 pm »

David - I think your instincts are spot on here. The elements of the composition and the arrangement within the frame, the rhythm and shape of the trunks against the bg. Yes, on the little yellow tree too. I'm not 100% on the processing  - very difficult to tell from the JPEG - maybe a little crushed. One thing that keeps coming back to me is the framing around the compositional elements is really really tight. I don't know what you have left to work with in the orig. files - maybe look at a fraction more on top and on sides, perhaps on bottom. /B
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:09:31 pm by brandtb »
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 03:34:32 pm »

I am working on a couple of different frames and renderings with this tree line as the subject. Not completely satisfied as yet. Brandt, thanks, I know you are hard to please ;) I don't know what you mean by crushed; the 1600 ISO might have done me in. Thanks for the suggestion about framing top and bottom and will try a version that opens each of those up a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up