Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broncolor fault signal  (Read 3692 times)

jazzy

Broncolor fault signal
« on: October 02, 2016, 09:19:38 pm »

I have just acquired some old Pulso 8 heads, however I have some problems using them with Grafit pack. They would give the 2-3 second beep signal when triggered. Normally I just assume that the flash tubes need replacing. However I tried them with my old Opus pack, and they worked on one of the two Opus, but not the other.

What could possibly the fault here and is there anything I can do to make it work with the Grafit?

Thanks everyone.

P.S: The Grafit pack works normally with other Pulso F/G I have

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
Re: Broncolor fault signal
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:36:54 am »

I have just acquired some old Pulso 8 heads, however I have some problems using them with Grafit pack. They would give the 2-3 second beep signal when triggered. Normally I just assume that the flash tubes need replacing. However I tried them with my old Opus pack, and they worked on one of the two Opus, but not the other.

What could possibly the fault here and is there anything I can do to make it work with the Grafit?

Thanks everyone.

P.S: The Grafit pack works normally with other Pulso F/G I have

This is normal. Pulso8 heads will unfortunately only work on outlet No 3, which is not electronically controlled. Expect longer flash duration. Cheers!

jazzy

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 08:25:05 pm »

Thanks Ulf, I didn't know that! So is the Pulso 8 best use with an older pack? Is there any other heads behaving similarly? If its not too technical, would love to hear a more detailed explanation.

UlfKrentz

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 09:37:11 am »

Thanks Ulf, I didn't know that! So is the Pulso 8 best use with an older pack? Is there any other heads behaving similarly? If its not too technical, would love to hear a more detailed explanation.

No, its just another pinout in the plug. AFAIK it was to ensure you won´t be able to accidentally fire 6400Ws of power into a small head. If you do not intend to use it at this power level you might change the wiring and use it with the other ports as well. Another option would be to convert a Pulso8 head into a twin head, some more work but the parts are all available and it might make sense once you need to replace the flash tube (and only have 3200Ws packs). Cheers!

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 07:50:07 pm »

Hy Ulf
I have never heard of the conversion Pulso 8 to Twin. Is this an official offer of Bron? Isn't it too expensive?
I have two Pulso 8 heads lying around in my studio but haven't got a 6400 pack, and sometimes
when I shoot bathrooms I really would like to have 6400 Watts from one lamp. The Twins are difficult to find used and the Pula 8 Pack is a monster and also difficult to find.....

Regards,
Ben

UlfKrentz

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 02:41:38 pm »

No, nothing official. It´s just they share the same construction and it can be done using the original parts from broncolor. In your case if you give up on one head you´d just need to buy the flashtube (and the cable strain relief if you don´t want to cut it out).

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 06:38:32 pm »

Thanks Ulf, I will contact my technician.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up