Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get RAW shooting on 6S ?  (Read 1275 times)

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com
How to get RAW shooting on 6S ?
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:26:33 am »

Hey guys,
anybody already done that ?
after several updates on the 6s I'm a bit reluctant to update to iOS10, as all the others have already slowed down the phone.
also is necessary to have LRmobile ?
I am on perpetual license, so don't know if the LRmobile thing actually works for me ?
any thoughts appreciated
cheers
Z

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Re: How to get RAW shooting on 6S ?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 03:08:02 pm »

I recently installed IOS 10 on the 6s.  I use Procamera app to shoot, which can record a Raw and jpg image.  Display them on the Lightbox inside Procamera, or choose to save them to the camera roll directly.  Attach the phone to my desktop and LR see both images and then import .  I do not use Lr mobile.

I look forward to when one access the raw directly from the iphone camera app--this would save some steps.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

ButchM

Re: How to get RAW shooting on 6S ?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 09:13:28 pm »

Hey guys,
anybody already done that ?
after several updates on the 6s I'm a bit reluctant to update to iOS10, as all the others have already slowed down the phone.
also is necessary to have LRmobile ?
I am on perpetual license, so don't know if the LRmobile thing actually works for me ?
any thoughts appreciated
cheers
Z

You do need iOS 10 in order to shoot RAW with an iPhone 6s. You also need Lr CC to sync any work you perform in Lr mobile back to your desktop version of Lr.

But ... you don't need Lr Mobile in order to shoot RAW on iPhone ... there are many other apps ... and likely more to come ... that will allow you to shoot RAW, then you can import them from your phone just like you would with any other camera to your Lr desktop catalog.

I've been shooting some RAW images using ProCam 4 ($5 in the App Store) ... I didn't buy the latest version just for the RAW capabilities, ProCam also allows you access to many, many more controls over the iPhone camera that the stock app as well. I like it a lot just for scenes where I want to take control for certain effects ... though I still primarily shoot in jpeg format for most things because the iPhone camera does a pretty good job overall.
Pages: [1]   Go Up