Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeking advice on paper, preservation  (Read 569 times)

CRFTony

Seeking advice on paper, preservation
« on: September 30, 2016, 11:12:16 pm »

I run a portrait studio and I currently print 8x10 and below on my Epson 3880. I know I can print larger, but I don't have a means of mounting larger prints, so I outsource that to a large, pro photo lab. The issue I'm having is that I feel my in studio prints are better than what I'm getting from the pro lab. I've had this discussion with other photographers and they agree. I'm looking for new options for printing in-house. I would actually prefer to print wall portraits on heavier fine art paper and not mount them (as the paper isn't as prone to warping when hanging on the wall), but my experience with such papers in the past is that they scratch easily. I'd love some advice and opions on the best options for myself and my clients.

CRFTony

Re: Seeking advice on paper, preservation
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 04:03:50 pm »

Just to clarify, I'm looking for a sturdy fine art paper which isn't prone to scratching. If there is such a thing. If not, would you recommend I spray the prints to added protection?

If there are other portrait photographers on the forum, I'd love to hear how you handle larger prints for your clients.

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up