Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom & Bridge .XMP files  (Read 1868 times)

davidh202

Lightroom & Bridge .XMP files
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:35:40 pm »

I have been using Bridge and PhotoshopCS6 all along to process Raws, and recently got a free year of CC when I purchased another Wacom Tablet. Before I load up the "Catalogue", will  Lightroom recognize my older .XMPs and open them for continued edits in LR ?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:43:09 pm by davidh202 »

ButchM

Re: Lightroom & Bridge .XMP files
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 11:39:16 pm »

I have been using Bridge and PhotoshopCS6 all along to process Raws, and recently got a free year of CC when I purchased another Wacom Tablet. Before I load up the "Catalogue", will  Lightroom recognize my older .XMPs and open them for continued edits in LR ?

Yes.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 04:14:58 am »

will  Lightroom recognize my older .XMPs and open them for continued edits in LR ?
Yes, but beware that using CC will generate XMPs that may not be fully back compatible with your older version of ACR in PS CS6 if you decide not to continue with the subscription.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 07:31:09 am »

Yes, but beware that using CC will generate XMPs that may not be fully back compatible with your older version of ACR in PS CS6 if you decide not to continue with the subscription.

I believe this problem would occur in those cases where one uses newer features in LR that were not supported in ACR/PSCS6, the result being that the photos would still be editable in the previous versions but the effects from using previously unsupported features would be missing. Any one know anything to the contrary about this? Would be interesting to pursue.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

davidh202

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 07:03:45 pm »

Thank you all. I do remember that being a concern of many, when CC first appeared.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 04:46:03 am »

Thank you all. I do remember that being a concern of many, when CC first appeared.
Give it a try and see how you like it. At least for now you can still buy a proper copy of Lightroom 6 and you'll not loose much compared to the CC version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up