Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goodbye Full-Frame Cameras  (Read 14502 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: Goodbye Full-Frame Cameras
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2016, 10:47:34 am »

Indeed, but no type of pro's camera is going make the commercial buyers pay more than what they can get for pretty much nothing. Ego-driven sales/gratis work always counts highly in this world. If you don't believe me, consider what exactly that has done to the great photographic stock agencies of yesteryear. Drove me out, for one, and has badly damaged several other professional photographers I know. Changing days; changed markets and the dumbing down of everything. Just watch the news or Presidential Debates for confirmation. Bullshit is all. The public has stopped questioning; Big Brother isn't just a stupid show: the real Big Bro is already ensconced in control, whichever colour of hat he/she decides to wear at any given time. It's a done deal, our Faustian Pact.

Rob

Well at least we get to see the Great Presidential Debate Comedy Show for free :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Rob C

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2016, 10:58:16 am »

Well at least we get to see the Great Presidential Debate Comedy Show for free :)

Edmund

Save your enthusiasm for the great pan-European one about to begin in some parliaments near you soon! Or not, if a present head of one can manage it; faits accomplis are better.

How quickly can you press a red button - is it a quicker job than a sword, dagger to the belly or even a shotgun in the mouth?

From €1,32 some time ago it's hit €1.11 today and probably falling still. But like a famously egalitarian prime minister once said: the pound in your pocket is still worth a pound! Right on, sir, just don't think about it, please!

Rob

NancyP

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2016, 11:41:56 am »

For action shooters using high shutter speeds, the SLR blackout time is trivial and unnoticeable. Think about it. Movies display a still image every 1/24 to 1/30 second. Yet our minds connect the still images together. Our minds manage the same feat when panning in burst mode. Admittedly I can only state from personal experience the effect of 1/500 to 1/8000 sec at a burst rate of 6 per second, for birds in flight.

As for the US presidential election, it has the morbid attention demand of a highway crash that you crawl past in a traffic jam.

In your guts, you know he's nuts!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up