Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antelope Canyon  (Read 1384 times)

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
Antelope Canyon
« on: September 29, 2016, 11:01:00 am »

Trying to plan our first trip to Arizona next year with Antelope Canyon high on the list. What is the best time of year to get the best light. I would also appreciate which company provides the best guide service for Antelope. Thanks in advance!

Mark

sierraman

Re: Antelope Canyon
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:23:44 pm »

Trying to plan our first trip to Arizona next year with Antelope Canyon high on the list. What is the best time of year to get the best light. I would also appreciate which company provides the best guide service for Antelope. Thanks in advance!

Mark

I guess it depends on what you mean by best light. If your looking to get "light shafts" in your images you will want to be in Upper Antelope Canyon in the summer months mid-day. If your looking for softer lighting you would want to be in either canyon earlier/later in the day. Both canyons are crowded most of the year so make advanced reservations and take the photographers tour. The upper canyon is an easy walk-in type canyon with lower being a tighter fit and lots of ladders to climb. Both canyons photograph differently so take your time and enjoy. If you have the energy and the time you could do lower in the morning and upper later in the day and head over to Horseshoe Bend for sunset. That's a lot of shooting in one day so I would plan on doing it over 2 days. Kens Tours is who you can make your reservations through.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up