Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autumn  (Read 845 times)

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
Autumn
« on: September 28, 2016, 08:42:50 pm »

The first snow arrived a couple of days ago in northern Utah, turning the Wasatch mountain tops white. This was proceeded by a small tornado two days prior that touched down in my town Ogden. But now, now it is Autumn.

KMRennie

Re: Autumn
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 10:32:16 pm »

When I zoom in until the bottom half of the image fills the screen, this image starts to glow. So, for me, it would be a crop excluding all of the sunlit areas or darken the top half right down. Alternatively wait in the cold until that beautiful colourful area gets lit by a few rays. Ken

francois

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:01:32 am »

I have to agree with ken, the interesting part of this photo is the lower half. I'm not too bothered by the upper part because my eyes quickly settle on the lower part and almost ignore the upper half of the image.
Bravo!
Francois

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 11:08:53 am »

I like the upper part as well as the lower but they almost seems like two different images.
a pleasing shot to me anyway.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:02:45 am by MattBurt »
-MattB

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 01:38:26 pm »

I also feel that they are two different photos. Both nice, but each distracts from the other when combined.
So I would separate the Siamese twins.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 02:22:36 pm »

Fascinating reactions to this image. I will say I thought it was easy to process...at first but the more I starting playing the harder it got. I did print it out on my Epson 3880. Wife wasn't feeling it so I may re-attack. I've already done some small changes since I've posted this.

Mark

Arlen

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 02:53:21 pm »

The bottom part is wonderful, Mark, and the image has a lot of potential. But I think you can improve it by bringing the difficult sky more into balance. When you're working on it, note that there is a dark line that's visible at the top of the near hills, maybe a result of selecting and darkening the sky with a brush that's too hard and not enough overlap onto the hills.
Pages: [1]   Go Up