Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Pass Editing Problem  (Read 592 times)

Kit-V

Media Pass Editing Problem
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:54:24 pm »

I recently purchased a generic media pass template online. It is an editable psd (PhotoshopDocument) format. After downloading, it automatically opened in my LibreOffice app. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to edit the generic text in the template. Can someone offer me some guidance? Thank you.
Falling Fork Photography

Zorki5

• AOLib
Re: Media Pass Editing Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 01:34:26 am »

I recently purchased a generic media pass template online. It is an editable psd (PhotoshopDocument) format. After downloading, it automatically opened in my LibreOffice app. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to edit the generic text in the template. Can someone offer me some guidance? Thank you.

AFAIK, LibreOffice would just open new document as .ods file, extract preview from .PSD, and insert it into the document. You end up with non-editable image.

You need software that allows to edit layered .PSD files, such as Photoshop or GIMP. The fact that you have .PSD extension associated with LibreOffice suggests that you currently do not have any of them installed...

Editing layered .PSDs is not something many image-editing software packages can do. For instance, ACDSee 9 Ultimate supports layers, but if you try to save layered image into a .PSD file, it would insist on flattening it first.

So, unless you're wiling to pay for Photoshop, I think your best chance is to install latest GIMP (it's free: http://www.gimp.org/) and try to edit your template there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up