Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Gluing canvas

(1/3) > >>

chez:
Other than Miracle Muck and Glamour II, what type of glue do you use to adhere canvas to gatorboard. Being in Canada, I don't have access to Miracle Muck.

Landscapes:
Honestly, I have had luck with white glue that has been thinned out with water so that I could get a nice even coat laid down before it dried up.  It was stuck to a dense piece of particle board type material and still looks great years later.

chez:

--- Quote from: Landscapes on September 28, 2016, 06:12:50 pm ---Honestly, I have had luck with white glue that has been thinned out with water so that I could get a nice even coat laid down before it dried up.  It was stuck to a dense piece of particle board type material and still looks great years later.

--- End quote ---

So that's just the regular white carpenters glue?

Landscapes:

--- Quote from: chez on September 29, 2016, 08:47:41 am ---So that's just the regular white carpenters glue?

--- End quote ---

Yes, that is what I used.  Actually... it may have even been something like this, a pH neutral white glue.  I see it in my local art stores around here as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Lineco-White-Neutral-pH-Adhesive/dp/B001I6FEHE

I remember reading somewhere what the Miracle Muck isn't really anything more fancy than regular white glue anyway.

BobShaw:
According to Mr Google Miracle Muck is a PVA glue, so it is probably the same as all other standard clear PVA woodworking glue. We have Aquadhere in Australia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version