Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking ICC paper profiles: Epson Legacy > Canon Pro-1000  (Read 4159 times)

paulbk

Looking ICC paper profiles: Epson Legacy > Canon Pro-1000
« on: September 28, 2016, 09:29:46 am »

Looking for ICC paper profiles:
1) Paper = Epson Legacy Baryta
2) Paper = Epson Legacy Platine
Printer = Canon Pro-1000

Odd request, I know. I have the sample pack of pre-printed Epson Legacy papers and I love the look and feel of Legacy Baryta and Legacy Platine. But I have the new Canon Pro-1000 printer. What to do?

Or suggestions for "equivalent papers" with profile available for Canon Pro-1000.
paul b.k.
New England, USA

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Looking ICC paper profiles: Epson Legacy > Canon Pro-1000
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:33:45 am »

Canson Baryta Photographique and Platine Fibre Rag
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 09:42:33 am »

Marcin is making a good point. I'm also finding that a number of these papers are so similar you can interchange profiles with virtually undetectable difference of results. That said, you always have the option of getting custom profiles made if you detect possible scope for improvement after trying it the free and easy way.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

schertz

• Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:41:53 pm »

The Canson/Epson Baryta, and the Canson/Epson Platines are the 4 papers I print on most often (~80% of the time, between them), and honestly, going back and visually examining prints I can't tell at all which ones were made on The Epson versions compared to Canson for each paper type. I lean towards the Canson because A) I can usually find it cheaper * B) There are more sizes available C) Stock at the store is usually better D) The Epson is newer and I'm less sure about its long term consistency.
At the moment I'm equally happy to print on either one.
MS

* Epson sometimes has buy-2-get-1 mail in rebates, which is the main reason I stocked up on some of the Legacy papers.

tonyrom

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 03:24:25 pm »

The profiles between the Canson and Epson are so close and as Mark states, you will not be able to see the difference.  The Canson, is the US, is about a 1/3 cheaper which means I always get 3 for the price of 2 :-).

schertz

• Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 03:36:54 pm »

The Canson, is the US, is about a 1/3 cheaper which means I always get 3 for the price of 2 :-).

Don't remind me... Here in Canada the price differential is not quite that bad between the two ($44 Canson vs $50 Epson for 8.5x11 Baryta), but both are much pricier than the US  :(

paulbk

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 03:51:48 pm »

Thanks all. The idea of using Canson Baryta Photographique and Platine Fibre Rag profiles on Epson Legacy papers sounds good. Investigating the use of Canson Baryta Photographique and Platine Fibre Rag instead of Epson paper sounds better if the quality and magic look is close enough.

fyi.. I junked my last Epson printer about 10 years ago. Haven't printed at home since. Retired now and have the time to work at it. Looking forward to a few print projects I have in mind. The sample Epson Legacy prints stirred the juices. I'll stay in touch.
paul b.k.
New England, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up