Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automating image processing  (Read 876 times)

StoryinPictures

Automating image processing
« on: September 24, 2016, 05:12:27 pm »

I want to process batches of RAW files.  The files are converted to TIFF by Capture One and then a set of actions is performed upon them in Photoshop and then they are saved. There are enough actions for it to take a while in PS, so I don't want to have to babysit the process.

I would like this to be automated so I can start it and let the files be processed while I go do other things.  This will often be 300 files. 

I have turned the actions into droplets and can run them from Capture One by having Capture One convert the file and pass it to the Photoshop droplet as an application. The problem is, if I send a second image over before the first is done, Photoshop ignores it.

Perhaps there is a way for C1 to delay?

There is a certain amount of adjustment that might need to be done on the files in C1 before they are sent over, so manually sending each file over if they could be qued up would be fine, but as far as I can tell this doesn't work.

The other alternative I can think of is to convert all the files first in C1, store all the TIFF files in a directory and telling Photoshop to process all of them.

I also have Photo Mechanic.

I have or can update to the latest version of C1, PS and PhotoMechanic.

Any suggestions on better ways to do this (or pitfalls to avoid)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up