Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One iq 100 and Camera Raw  (Read 5699 times)

camgarner

• cgarnerphoto.com
Re: Phase One iq 100 and Camera Raw
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 10:17:07 am »

I will try again with the XF - thanks

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 10:33:27 am »

I just realized my last post is a bit ambiguous.

With the XF I don't need the LCC shot anymore.  Mirror box keeps the lens far enough away that color cast issues don't exist.

Where LR always had a stranger or at least less straightforward workflow was with the tech camera shots that always need a corresponding LCC for color cast issues.  For me at least.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 10:36:21 am »

Is it really adobe Doug?

One need only look at Iridient Digital Raw Developer which supports the IIQ-L 16 bit and IIQ-L formats from the IQ3 100mp, and has done so from a couple days after the IQ3 100mp shipped. That's literally a one-man shop  - though obviously quite a smart guy at that :)

Again, if you're seeking support for this back from Adobe... contact Adobe.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:40:44 am by Doug Peterson »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 06:17:33 pm »

One need only look at Iridient Digital Raw Developer which supports the IIQ-L 16 bit and IIQ-L formats from the IQ3 100mp, and has done so from a couple days after the IQ3 100mp shipped. That's literally a one-man shop  - though obviously quite a smart guy at that :)

So we are back with the initial theory I guess.

Abode could if they wanted to, so it means that they don't want to, either because of other priorities or for other reasons.

Cheers,
Bernard

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 02:41:49 am »

Hi Paul,

I don't have the slightest idea. When the IQ3-100 MP was released we were puzzled the files contained only 14 bit data in RawDigger but that was corrected by Anders Torger within days.

Phase One used to have a lot of calibration data in their raw files and it may be that Adobe cannot handle that for some reason. But I am under the impression that CMOS needs less calibration data.

It may be that there is a sample variation on the 100 MP sensor chips that needs more of individual calibration data. If so, it may be that early samples are used.

Sony's production was crippled by the earth quaqe and It may be that MFD sensor production is not their first priority. Hasselblad shipped any 100 MP backs yet?

I read somewhere that it takes something like two months to build an sensor, from input to output.

Best regards
Erik

I don't know Bernard. I don't see Adobe as a direct competitor to Phase One as Hasselblad is. But views differ for sure. Gee doesn't Hasselblad also make a software platform called Phocus?  Phase one for all IQ backs via BD version is free just like Phocus. Is that competition free vs Fee last time I checked my credit card statement Adobe was still charging me. Also as a Nikon user you realize for years Nikons raw converter was not free and this was also competition to Adobe. They still support Nikon. I am surprised a bit by your response. But we all see things differently.

And Adobe has made it a point of supporting all previous Phase Backs every one of them.

If Adobe has made it a point to no longer support Phase it would nice to get a statement to that effect.

Paul C.
Erik Kaffehr

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 05:51:21 am »

Hasselblad shipped any 100 MP backs yet?

There is at least one photographer at GetDPI forum who reported having received his, so the answer is yes.

But I hear from Hasselblad in Japan that they have not yet finalised the H6D-100c firmware, probably because their resources are focused on limiting the delay of the X1D (just guessing this part).

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up