Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: open as layers in PS doesn't work anymore  (Read 9832 times)

Simon Garrett

Re: open as layers in PS doesn't work anymore
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 07:01:06 am »

On PCs, the problem definitely occured starting with the recent update (LR CC 2015.7 / 6.7). 

I hadn't yet updated my laptop, so I tried Edit in.. Open in layers in Photoshop and it worked fine with the previous version.  I then ran the update using the CC app, and afterwards it doesn't work unless PS is already running (or you run it manually after the Edit in... and then it appears to deal with the pending request from LR).

bjanes

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 07:33:54 am »

Bill, I updated early this week - Monday or Tuesday.

What version of LR are you running now?

Bill

mbaginy

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 09:08:16 am »

What version of LR are you running now?

Bill
Bill, I'm running Photoshop CC 2015.5.1

bjanes

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 11:03:31 am »

Bill, I'm running Photoshop CC 2015.5.1

With this problem, the fault lies not with Photoshop but with LR. So what version of LR are you running without the problem?

Bill

mbaginy

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 01:08:31 pm »

With this problem, the fault lies not with Photoshop but with LR. So what version of LR are you running without the problem?

Bill
Ah.  My LR version is 2015.7 which should be the latest.  No other updates seem available.

CoyoteButtes

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 03:46:41 pm »

Apparently Adobe is going the way of Apple with awful software updates.

Not only am I experiencing the issues discussed in this thread, but I'm also still experiencing the Photo>Edit In>...Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5... fun wherein the copy of Photoshop that's on my backup drive is the one that opens.

So apparently Adobe expects us to eject and turn off our backup drives and then open the correct installation of Photoshop before we can export a file from LR to edit in PS.

And I will NEVER let another Adobe tech support rep "take over" my computer.

Running Mac OS X 10.11.6 (had same issues with earlier versions); Lightroom CC 2015.7 (had same issues with earlier versions); and Photoshop CC 2015.5.1.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2016, 12:52:13 pm »

Not only am I experiencing the issues discussed in this thread, but I'm also still experiencing the Photo>Edit In>...Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5... fun wherein the copy of Photoshop that's on my backup drive is the one that opens.

this issue is not new, has existed for years, and Adobe doesn't seem interested in fixing it. They always blame apple (or Carbon Copy Cloner) for the problem, which seems illogical because the correct copy of Photoshop to open is nearly always in the same application folder as the currently running copy of Lr.  they could even change the preference for external editing so you could specify a path to the "default" copy of Ps.

I had a long email conversation with several at Adobe, and supposedly the issue was escalated to engineering, but this was probably two years ago, and no change.

As you  have discovered the only sure solution is to unmount any backups that contain the photoshop app.  Another solution which I use if  your backup program allows it is to exclude the Photoshop app from backing up.  After all if you need to reinstall it you can do so easily from adobe, so all I you really need to backup are the support files in the Ps folder.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:31:37 pm by Wayne Fox »

CoyoteButtes

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2016, 09:45:41 pm »

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 02:22:29 pm »

Hello,

can anyone please be so kind and sow me how the config.lua looks for Lr / PS installed on Windows 10 ?

Many thanks in advance !

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

CoyoteButtes

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 05:09:53 pm »

Robert,

I'd suggest you go to the above referenced thread on the Photoshop Family Community and ask the question to get an answer from Adobe. I am using Mac and cannot give you an answer that I am certain is accurate.

Stan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up