Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has Phase One Abandoned the Technical/Architectural Shooter?  (Read 10594 times)

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
Re: Has Phase One Abandoned the Technical/Architectural Shooter?
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2016, 01:47:07 pm »

Doug, do you think they will get ES working with faster flash sync?  For interiors, I'm typically between 1s and 1/8s and am always using strobe.

alan_b

• West Coast Architecture + Interiors Photographer
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2016, 04:02:02 pm »

Marked improvement. LCC generation itself is also much faster.

I know the answer is "no comment on future releases", but here's hoping the LCC improvements are brought to the 50MP chips as well.

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2016, 08:32:46 pm »

Combine this with the sensor based electronic shutter feature added recently and it's very clear this topic is misnamed. Phase One is doing far more for the tech camera market than any other maker.

Here here! Now how about that split live view?
 ;D

Dave

torger

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 04:40:54 am »

I agree it's probably not fair to complain to Phase One about the tech cam support. They seem to do what they can, the LCC corrections they do today is already pushing the limit of what's really possible. I'm impressed. It's mainly the sensor technology that let tech cams down, and that sensor tech is just a response of what the majority needs.

I also think as resolving power is virtually the only reason most people are using tech cams (or put it this way -- as soon as the resolving power advantage goes away, the users tend to go away too), it's just a dinosaur waiting to fade away as the traditional camera systems improve. Few are willing to mess around with less than fool-proof LCCs when you can get almost as good quality with an ultra-wide and some cropping and keystoning.

I have myself more or less come to peace with that I'm probably owning the last tech cam I'll ever own, and I plan to use it for many more years as I like it as a creative tool. I just hope the digital back holds up for some serious age and Linhof stays in business for service and repairs.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:52:32 am by torger »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up