Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: First impressions with the Fujifilm GFX 50s  (Read 8834 times)

cyron123

Re: First impressions with the Fujifilm GFX 50s
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 06:50:42 am »

I made a small test at Photokina 2016 with the X1D. And the camera is getting very hot. I don't know if this is from the sensor or the LCD screen. This solution from Fuji should be important to separate the LCD from the Sensor....

Smart trick to surround the battery with the heat from the sensor. Should do better in the cold.

Dave

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 08:41:19 am »

Reports from the few who have the actual camera with later firmware seem to feel that the heat issue was somehow fixed.  It will be interesting to see.  Especially if video is involved.

Fuji looks like they will start to publish some dates by the 19th, especially formal ship dates.  The "embargo" whatever that is ends on the 23rd of Feb, but that is not when the units start to ship to the common photographer as I understand.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Bo_Dez

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 09:24:04 am »

Reports from the few who have the actual camera with later firmware seem to feel that the heat issue was somehow fixed.  It will be interesting to see.  Especially if video is involved.

Fuji looks like they will start to publish some dates by the 19th, especially formal ship dates.  The "embargo" whatever that is ends on the 23rd of Feb, but that is not when the units start to ship to the common photographer as I understand.

Paul Caldwell

Embargo is usually the date that press, reviewers and the like have to hold off from publishing first reviews. But it seems it also means when vendors can ship it too.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:01:20 pm by Bo_Dez »

Stephen Scharf

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 11:07:56 am »

Paul Caldwell

In the case of the X-Pro2 and X-T2, that is not accurate. The embargo is a shipping embargo. As soon as the embargo is lifted, vendors can start shipping production-level finished goods to customers. For example, for the X-T2, Samy's Cameras, B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc., started receiving X-T2's before Sept 8th, but could not sell them until the embargo lifted. As soon as the X-T2 embargo was lifted on Sept. 8th, reviews appeared and cameras shipped the same the day (mine was shipped from B&H that day, for example).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:19:49 am by Stephen Scharf »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 01:12:40 pm »

I guess we will see in time. Currently in the US I don't know anyone taking preorders yet.

If they are going to ship on the 23rd of Feb to the gen population they might want to start taking preorders.

And I do hope they start to ship on the 23rd.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Stephen Scharf

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 02:17:08 pm »

I guess we will see in time. Currently in the US I don't know anyone taking preorders yet.

If they are going to ship on the 23rd of Feb to the gen population they might want to start taking preorders.

And I do hope they start to ship on the 23rd.

Paul Caldwell

Vendors will start taking preorders immediately on January 19th when the camera is formally announced for sale; to date this camera has not yet had a formal market launch announcement in the marketplace. All Fuji has done to date is disclose a product development process. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up